Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Guess What Today Is?!!!!

Today is Hinckley Buzzard Day! I saw turkey vultures last week along the west side of Rt 62 on the way to school. I'd forgotten that they were migratory until Karen at work began to discuss it.

I find myself wondering about why it is the robin picked to represent spring? It could have just as easily be a big old vulture with a big strip of road kill hanging from its beak. Must be that the robin had better PR. I don't know.

Anyway, today is Hinckley Buzzard Day! Everyone celebrate with a heaping helping of carrion.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hmmm. I don't guess I knew they were migratory. They seem to be around here year round.

Bill of Wasilla said...

I would make a clever comment about these buzzards, but then you would just come back and tell me they were toys of some kind.