Wednesday, March 9, 2011

She's got the look...

Cara was telling that the international building is very noisy at night. She thinks the fact that everyone speaks a different language makes them speak louder to make themselves understood. (It is not just an American trait....) At midnight, she was awakened yet again. Going into full RA mode while still not awake enough to realize that she was not an RA in Korea, she leapt from her bed and threw open her door, and with her best RA look, stared them all down. They looked back in (now) silent amazement, as the realization finally broke through the fog of Cara's mind ("...wait...I'm not in charge here....") I laughed at the picture her words made. "What happened?" I asked. Cara said, "Well. My 'RA look'? Turns out that it an international super power." In response to that glare, the people at her door immediately slunk off and it was quiet for the rest of the night. She said, "I e-mailed my old boss. I told him I was documenting some people in Korea and would send him the paperwork." She's a hoot.

Know what I love? Yesterday, I was slipping and sliding across a parking lot to get to school. Yesterday afternoon, walking across that self same parking lot to get back to my car after a long, long day (3 hour lab practical for A and P), there was no ice. It had melted off during the course of the day. Spring! Spring is coming!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

"The Look". It transcends all languages!

Jayne said...

Ahhh, otherwise known as the Care Bear Stare of Doom !
Yay on the arrival of Spring!

jeanie said...

My mother has one of those...

Congratulations on the spring whispers.

Debby said...

I thought that all mothers did! That it was part of the arsenal.

quid said...

Love, "the look".

Hard to believe she's halfway round the globe.

quid

Brianna said...

Yep, that sounds like a Cara move, LOL! Hey, at least it worked for her! :D

nancyspoint said...

I can tell you are very proud of your daughter, as you should be! Yes, spring is coming! Here's to more melting!

Bob said...

Ah yes, Spring! I hope it comes to stay soon. (Are you getting a lot of rain now?)