Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

The way to my heart is not paved with bling.
(...and I've never seen a bad marriage saved by good jewelry)
Watching expensive flower arrangements die makes me sad.

I received a pink cyclamen (which will bloom continuously) and a sweet card. I gave a card. We had dinner out, and got to visit with two other couples that we don't often have a chance to talk at length with. And at the end of the night, we wound up where we always wind up. Side by side, in our own cozy bed.

It works for us.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I hope that each of you discover once again that where you are is where you fit best in the whole wide world.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

My husband has been good about giving plants for the yard, too.

I've never been big on Valentine's Day. I did make an impulse buy and get him a heart shaped box of Reese's PB cups along with a card.

BUSH BABE said...

Hope you had a happy V Day Deb - sounds lovely! Ours was pretty similar to most other days - my hubby tells me EVERY day is Valentines Day, so that explains it!
:-)

BB

Jayne said...

I prefer living plants..or the odd chook...to bouquets and bling ;)
Hope you had a lovely time :)