Friday, February 25, 2011

Tractor Supply

Today, I was working away. It was a quiet evening, and so we were cleaning and putting things to rights. A man walked in with an envelope. He'd read my column last week. He was so moved that he sat down, wrote me a letter (wrote it!). How cool is that? Really? That someone took the time to read what I wrote, to process it, and then sit down and write a letter. That was very touching. "Say hello to Tim for me," he said as he left. Turns out that they'd gone to school together.

I stood there holding my envelope and watched him go. Some days, people just get a chance to feel like they've made a difference, and today, I guess, it was my turn.

I opened up the envelope.

"You have a gift," he'd written. He was right. A man had come in the store and given one to me.

4 comments:

Pencil Writer said...

Sweet. And touching.

Hal Johnson said...

Wow. What a wonderful moment to hold.

Anonymous said...

Where is your column published, I would like to read it since I enjoy your blog so much.

NWPAMom said...

I am always disapointed when you don't have an article in the Saturday paper!