Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring Fever

Yesterday, I was driving along, and I spied, with my little eye, a patch of bare ground. Bare ground. With grass. You are not going to get the import of that until you understand that I haven't thaw bare ground since end of November, first part of December. We usually get some sort of a warm up in there, and the snows goes partially, or even all the way, off. Not this year. It came, it stayed. I am about tired of winter, so that patch of bare ground was a beautiful thing to see.

Yesterday was warm-ish...in the thirties (that's 1 or 2 degrees for you celcius people). It was sunny. Yesterday was a day of possibilities, a day when you could sense that the tides were turning, that something new and fresh was on the way.

At work yesterday, I said to my customers, "Wow! Wasn't today a beautiful day?" and they all said, "Yes!" and told me their little stories about their beautiful day. One of them smiled and said to me..."Today at Chapman Dam, I saw a robin!"

Ah~!!!! Sounds stupid doesn't it? But there is nothing so wonderful as watching winter slipping out as spring comes high stepping in! Flowers and rain and warmth and...

They call this spring fever, and I have it bad. Reeeeeeealllly bad!

7 comments:

steviewren said...

I walked out my front door and saw a robin this morning. If I'd had time I would have taken his picture.

We're having a great weather week here too. I havn't worn a coat all week. In fact, it is supposed to go into the seventies this afternoon. It's time to break out the sandals...at least for this week. Next week, who knows! This is more like the weather ought to be in AL.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I've been loving the past few days! I liked yesterday especially, as I was able to walk from our garage to the back door without stepping on one piece of ice!

A Novel Woman said...

You are preaching to the choir over in this neck of the woods. I hear you, loud and clear! There's a certain smell in the air, and it almost makes me giddy when I smell it. Ahhhh.

WhiteStone said...

I haven't seen any robins (they may be around!) but today's temp hit near 60! With sun!

Kelly said...

I'm happy for you! I saw my first robin last week, the days after we had our meager little snowfall.

Anonymous said...

Now I understand why folk go crazy over the first signs of spring after seeing what your winter deals out over here. I shall try not to growl about our winter now....our's is a pussycate caompared to yours. What you have right now is what we in Queensland would always consider an awful freezer of a day!

Here, Autumn is most people's favourite season. I love it after the heat of summer and it is milder and lasts longer than spring here. I hope the weather keeps improving for you. I just can't imagine coping with some of the problems you have, and I admire how you do. It's a wonder we don't have more refugees heading here from your way - although I suppose our droughts and cyclones just might be a little off putting at times!

Anonymous said...

Oh and yes Deb, that last comment was from me! Barbxx