Monday, February 7, 2011

Grumpy Butt

How does someone misplace a three hole punch? A large three hole punch? I did. I've got a crap load of papers, and I can't find my stinking three hole punch. ARGGGGH!

Tim saw a Savage 99 crescent stock, refinished, that he wanted something awful, having an antique gun that needed it. He asked me to bid on it because he would be gone when the bidding ended, having plans to watch the Superbowl at a friend's house. He said, "I don't want to go much over $100 for it." I knew that he's been looking for something like this for some time, and so I came up with a plan. I was buying it. No matter what. He's got a birthday coming up. It's almost Valentine's Day. It was up to $157 when I looked at it, so I recklessly bid $210.99 on it, and was immediately outbid. I submitted a bid for $230.99...and was immediately outbid. I was in the process of entering $250. when the auction ended. Good thing probably. Tim would have killed me if I'd have won, I imagine. Darn you, 'y***g'! Who the heck would pay $232.49 for something like that? (And just you all never mind that I would have...) I know that it makes no sense whatsoever, but I'm very disappointed. We are not extravagant people, but just this once, I wanted to knock Tim's socks off, just once, I wanted to throw caution to the wind, and buy him a present that he'd never forget, not ever.

It's the Superbowl. Tim is watching the game at his friend's house. I stayed home to study. I'll have to chip in on pizza if the Steelers lose. And the stinking Steelers are losing. Natch.

I'm done studying. I'm going to bed with a heating pad for my neck and back.

I'm quite the little grumpy butt today. I oughta be ashamed.

7 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I hope you found your 3-hole punch. Sadly, I BROKE mine! Aaaargh!

A Novel Woman said...

I don't even know what a Savage 99 crescent stock IS, but maybe another one will turn up on eBay?

My plan of attack when bidding is this. I determine a maximum amount I'll pay at the beginning. I wait until about the last 20-30 seconds, then I bid, and I always bid an amount that's odd, like if my max is around $250, I'll bid $257.39. That way, if someone wants to outbid me, they have only a few seconds, and they have to go all over the keyboard to enter the numbers because eBay will suggest they must bid $258.39 or more. See? Neat trick.

Can you buy Tim a box of chocolates and call it a day? (wink)

Lydia said...

I guess it's better to be a grumpy butt than a happy a**. Have a better day!

Kelly said...

Awww.... I'm sorry you misplaced the 3-hole punch, lost the Super Bowl AND lost the bid on the stock.

Hopefully the 3-hole punch will turn up quickly.

nancyspoint said...

Debby, Sometimes grumpy is just fine. In fact, sometimes it's even necessary! Really! Too bad about getting outbid. And I hope you find the paper punch.

BUSH BABE said...

There is something called sniping (I think) where you set it up to bid JUST before the bidding closes (you don't have to sit and watch, it does it automatically for you). You put your maximum amount in and it bids JUST enough to win the item for you. There are free versions around online.

And on the grumpy butt: GOOD HEAVEN's - you're telling us you are NORMAL? Shocking.
:-)
BB

quid said...

Ah, Ebay.... land of dreams.

Everyone gets to be a grumpy butt sometimes.

quid