Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Well, POOP!

Ramping it up a notch on the grump-0-meter~ The dryer has pooped out. So on a day when it is 4 degrees out (and don't point out that's considered 'balmy' in Alaska, Bill. It wouldn't make matters better...) someone does not have dry underwear.

Making it worse, Tim went down to check on this tragedy. "NO DRY UNDERWEAR!" and returned clutching a tee shirt and dry underwear. I gave him a look. He said, "My clothes were dry." (Like Bill pointing out that 4 is balmy in Alaska ~ and I can assure you that our bearded buddy is stubbornly sitting in front of his computer in Alaska, and thinking this because he can ~ Tim's cheerful 'I got dry underwear!' was no more comforting than Bill's '7 degrees?!!!! By golly, let me get out the surf board!!!! Cowabunga!) Tim had dry underwear because I washed that load a couple days ago (before the dryer decided to poop out), and just to add fuel to the fires of injustice, allow me to point out that he's got about three times the amount of underwear that I do! I gave him a look. Had I KNOWN the dryer was going to poop out, I could have hung the clothes in the basement, and had dry underwear. But, noooo. I went to bed after turning on the dryer and slept the sleep of the innocent. Well. Actually I slept the sleep of the too tired to stay up another minute, but it's kind of the same don't you think?

*walks off complaining to self*

10 comments:

Donna said...

I hate it when an appliance dies, because things happen in threes and I always wonder what's next.

Caroline said...

Take your hair dryer and start drying your undewear! Then make sure Tim hangs up the rest so its dry when you need it. Good luck today.

A Novel Woman said...

Start hanging your underpants around the house and call it a parade, darlin'.

A Novel Woman said...

PS
You should never have the dryer on while you're asleep! Never, ever, ever. There's always the danger of a fire. I make sure I never leave the dryer on when I'm asleep or when I'm out of the house. (Just google "dryer fire")

Mrs.Spit said...

That's warm here too. Very warm in fact!

You can dry clothes in the freezing air. Honest. Ask me how I know.

Cynthia said...

You know, A Novel Woman makes a good point. So really, Debby, it could have been worse!
:-)

Kelly said...

Just try to see it as a thrilling opportunity to "go commando"!!

Karen said...

This reminds me of a familiar story: My siblings played a trick on me and my hubby prior to our honeymoon night by "stealing" all of our underwear from our suitcases. When we arrived in the Bahamas that night, we had no clean underwear, only the ones we were wearing at the time. Not able to find a store near our hotel, we just made the best of it by washing out our underwear each night and hanging it on the ceiling fan each day to dry while we sat on the beach. I wonder what the maid thought when she entered our room each morning and saw our underwear spinning around on the blades of the fan?!?

quid said...

Went commando, didja, darlin Debby?

quid

PaintedPromise said...

still laughing at the comments...