Monday, February 28, 2011

Good Stuff

The good news is that I realized it this morning when I got up. My bones felt much much better. I stood at the top of the stairs moving experimentally. It has only been three days since I stopped taking the tamoxifen. In the hubbub about getting out the door in the snowstorm we were having, I'd forgotten to take it Friday morning, so Friday and Saturday and Sunday. I never imagined that I would see improvement quickly, but really, it's much, much better.

After yesterday's post, a lady from Pittsburgh wrote to commiserate with me. She remembered dropping her son off for a year in Japan. Pre-cell phones. Pre-skype. Pre-computer. She ducked behind a post and cried her eyes out at the airport. I would have too. How nice that someone would take her time to comfort someone she's never met. The world is full of nice people and I imagine that Cara will find them in Korea, too. I did, when I was stationed there in the military 30 years ago. I needed to be reminded of this.

I haven't heard from Cara yet, but she should be there by now. I am hopeful to have an e-mail soon.

I spent yesterday working on school work. I got 4 major projects done. For the first time, I found myself feeling 'ahead of the game'. I checked facebook, where we have an OT group. "What's the hand thing due tomorrow?" I blinked. 'Oh, yeah...' I wearily dragged my books back out and did that assignment too.

Let me get up from this chair and moving.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

When I stopped Tamoxifen I was surprised how much better I felt - I had not realized how bad it was making me feel.

Kelly said...

I'm really glad you are feeling better. Also... I bet you'll hear from Cara before long.

Jayne said...

Cara will be ringing you just as soon as she can ;)

Brianna said...

Just wanted to let you know that Cara posted on FB today. She said she made it there safely, but she can't figure out how to connect her laptop to the wall OR the Internet, LOL! But she found the public computers, so she's using them until she figures it out! :)

BUSH BABE said...

Great news about the bone pain.... GREAT news. And pretty good news that Cara got there safe too.
;-)
BB

Debby said...

Thanks, Brianna. Yeah, I check the FB thing pretty regularly, but I don't comment because for some strange reason, my comments seem to cause large amounts of embarrassment to her. Poor you! I embarrass you in person...