Thursday, January 20, 2011

On the edge of Change...

I was disappointed that the night before school started, I had a major sort of meltdown, emotional, and sure, to the very core of my being, that I was not up to this challenge. I just really thought that I was past all of that, but no. Today, relaxed and listening, I realized that I was really enjoying the discussion. Those pre-school jitters dissipated very, very quickly, and I am quite glad for that.

I applied for another job today, a small job that is flexible, and would work around both my school and my job at Tractor Supply. It is a professional job that would allow me to work among professional people, to interact on a professional level, to study how professional people conduct themselves. I think that I need to study that behavior closely. I think this would be a great opportunity to do so.

I don't have any real studying to do tonight. I made a few index cards, but really, not a lot to study. Feels weird.

6 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

Yeah, I was JUST thinking how you need ANOTHER job. Because your life is so boring and uneventful...

You amaze me. And confuse me. Mostly, you amaze me.

Bob Barbanes said...

Debby, I have never been to a Tractor Supply store. I see now that we have one here in Pensacola. But although I cannot imagine having a need for their products (living in the city proper and not owning a tractor), I would nevertheless like to go into Tractor Supply just to see if the people here are as friendly and helpful as those you work with. Is it a company-wide philosophy? But even if I didn't buy anything, I'd probably tell them about this wonderful woman I know who works in a Tractor Supply in Pennsylvania and how it must be a great company. (And then, knowing me, I'd probably buy something anyway - maybe a tractor!) Businesses cannot buy the kind of word-of-mouth publicity and good will as you've been generating about your job.

Good luck in school this term. We all know you can do it - hell, look how far you've come! You are an inspiration to us all.

nancyspoint said...

I agree, how do you possibly have time for another job? Good luck with the next round of school stuff. When do you finish? I read your last post on Cara's birthday and I know what you mean about the kids growing up. My youngest will turn 20 in May. I kinda like how the relationships evolve as they get older too though.

Redlefty said...

Praying that you still give yourself room to be you. :)

Yes, you've done great at school so far, have balanced things beautifully, and been seen through every trial. But logical datapoints like this don't come into play for the panic/emotional/primitive part of our souls!

No matter how good my life gets, at least five times a year I'll wake up at 2am in a sweat, freaking out about how I'm on my own, responsible for a family, etc...

But like you, the next day comes and we seem to have enough to meet it.

Anonymous said...

I have been served by you at Tractor Supply and I can testify that you are their biggest asset!
About this second job: when A&P gets tough and you have a million other things to do, I hope it's not too much. Not very encouraging, I guess but I want to nag you about spreading yourself too thin and being too hard on yourself.
You are special, Debby, and don't need to prove anything to anybody, including Debby.Love you. Judy

PaintedPromise said...

God love you Debby, you amaze me! people think i have a lot on MY plate... heck i can't even blog every day any more lol.