Sunday, January 16, 2011

Laughing

It's been cold here. Anyways, I was at work, and a group of fellows come in. It was obvious that they weren't locals. Their deep accents gave them away. Anyways, one of them comes up to the register with a big pair of insulated boots. He was huge fellow. I looked up at him standing there in his shirt sleeves and said, "Gees, don't you have a coat or something. It's cold out there!" and he looks down at me and rumbles "Well, ma'am, I'm from Texas. In Texas, they got real men." Without missing a beat, I looked up at him and said, "...and evidently they've got their share of fools, too." Long pause. Then the whole group of them just about fell on the floor laughing and slapping each other on the back.

Remember my post about Tim Tams a while back? Laura Jane has taken a break from blogging, but she sent me an e-mail to tell me the old Aussie joke: How do you satisfy a woman eleven times in one night?

Answer: One package of Tim Tams.

Man. I didn't think they were that good.

Time to go watch a movie with my little fambly.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Love your work stories!

BUSH BABE said...

Yes. They ARE that good!
:-)
BB

Lydia said...

Ha! My sister brought some back from Australia, and yes, they are. yummmyyyyyyy!

Kelly said...

So were you holding your breath during that long pause??

Funny story! (I would have had my coat on! I'm no fool!)

Debby said...

Kelly, for one bright and shining moment, I thought, "you know that line? Maybe you just stepped over it..." but then everyone started laughing, and I remembered to breathe.

Stacey said...

Funny stuff here. Thanks for the laugh today. Stay warm!

jeanie said...

Hmm Debby - obviously a woman VERY hard to please - either that, or they lost a bit in translation to Pepperidges...

PaintedPromise said...

OMG i love it... good for you Debby! real men indeed... as far as i am concerned, REAL MEN take better care of themselves!