Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First Day of School

Well, I'm killing time until the next class. Anatomy and Physiology Lab begins at 1:15, runs until 4. I went to the cafeteria and ate my packed lunch. Cara had put an encouraging note and a dark chocolate bar in my bag. She may be a better mother than I am. It made me smile. I ate one square while reading my Psychosocial Concepts homework for tomorrow. Lots of reading but I actually enjoyed it, and think this class will be something that helps me in my personal life.

Bill, previously known as Mr. Ammo On His Wrist, greeted me and flopped down. He quit smoking over break. That's pretty darn cool. His dad has lung cancer and he got sick over the holidays. It scared him so badly that he's given up smoking. 11 days smoke free. I told him it's the best thing that he could do for his little girl.

This morning when I went into Anatomy and Physiology class, I sat down at a table. The OT students all wound up sitting together in one group. There's courage in numbers and their presence gave me a little more courage. It's nice to have that comeradarie.

Time for class. Bye.

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Have fun!

Bob said...

Back to the grind . . . best of luck.

"The parent becomes the child and the child becomes the parent" -- and how kind of your "mother" to pack your lunch! She learned from the best of them, no doubt.

Lydia said...

Glad you are getting back in the groove of classes. Soon enough all of that ^&%*&^%* snow is going to melt off, you'll be looking at green grass, and you will have a full year under your belt. :)

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

As I wrote in my 01/12/11 column, I have finally succeeded in creating a Writing Award badge. I am contacting all of the cancer bloggers who have previously been featured at Being Cancer Network and were inducted into our Honor Roll for Excellence in Cancer Writing.

The award badge features our lighthouse logo against a circle of royal blue with the words “Honor Roll for Excellence in Cancer Writing” superimposed in gold over the image. It measures 108 x 125 pixels. It should easily fit a standard sidebar. It has been tested on both Wordpress and Blogger sites using their widget tools.

Please feel free to display the badge on your site as you choose. You deserve the recognition. If you send me an email, I will send your HTML code for the badge.
Take care, and keep up the good, strong writing. Dennis

cyn said...

I think some of the best parenting choices are the kind you are demonstrating right now in your life. You are an impressive person!