Monday, December 20, 2010

thoughts wander

It's no secret that I enjoy the dogs that come to the store. There is one exuberant Newfie who comes into the store. He knows the drill. He knows that when he comes to the checkout, we'll give him a biscuit from under the counter. So I saw this big fellow heading down the aisle, tail wagging, tongue lolling, I reached down and dug out one of the large sized dog biscuits. I was waiting for him. I leaned across the counter to speak with him and give him his cookie when unexpectedly, he leapt up and gave me a big slobbery kiss on my face.

I love dogs. I do. I love that they know me, and they are glad to see me. Really.

Despite all of that, I must say...um...ick.

Cara is home, and her friend helped her move her things back home. She'll be home until March, when she heads to Korea. That will be nice. She'll need a job. We sat up talking until 10 last night (late night for me), and then I went to bed and I slept soundly until well after 8. It's been a long time since I woke up feeling as if I'd had enough sleep.

Two friends have been 'officially' diagnosed with cancer this week. Bad cancers. Man. It just seems like that stuff is everywhere. Just everywhere.

Only four more days 'til Christmas. Dear heavens. I have so much to do...

6 comments:

Paula said...

We had a dog coming to our little historical country church for a while. She would trot down the sandy road every morning until someone took her from her owners house while he was at work.

Bill of Wasilla said...

I hope some cats come into your store sometimes.

You are right. It doe seem to be everywhere. Everywhere!

And I even worry about it for me, because I have some problems that I am supposed to get checked out by EDG and colonoscopy every year and I can't because right after this became known my damned insurance company jacked my rates up so high overnight that I was forced to drop my coverage. I am a year-and-a-half behind.

So I feel all these pains and discomforts - I witness so many friends being diagnosed with cancer and then they go on to fight - sometimes to win, sometimes to lose - and I wonder what my status is.

It doesn't feel very good.

I'm glad you are doing good. Keep at it!

Ro said...

They say children and animals know when it's an angel in disguise ;)

Debby said...

So, Ro, Do they also say that when you see an angel, you should give her a big wet sloppy kiss on the mouth? Because I never heard that one before...

No Bill, you are right. Not having insurance is a scary thing. Not having insurance the long term? Even scarier.

Anyone that would steal a good church going dog is truly BAD!

Kelly said...

Awww, doggie kisses! (which I really don't like despite how much I love all my doggies)

It IS everywhere and has been for a long time. Considering I lost both parents to it (36 and 40 years ago), it's always lurking somewhere in the back of my mind.

BUSH BABE said...

I own a slobbery canine - and as much as I adore him, his jowls and my face do NOT come in contact. My clothes however, are a different story.

I cannot imagine people in Oz bringing their dogs into a store... perhaps I am wrong, but I don't know I've seen it (except for guide dogs or ones belonging to the actual storekeeper).

Hello to Cara too!! Enjoy your family time together...
:-)
BB