Friday, December 24, 2010

Stupid

I don't usually have supper at work. That's okay. But yesterday, it was busy, I got called in early, and I had to take a supper break. I needed to get out of the store for a little, so I got myself an iced tea and a sandwich. The iced tea was good on my sore throat. I drank it all down. I even got a second one.


I got home from work last night knowing that I had to get my hinder to bed. I had the morning shift. I went to bed and tossed and turned and tossed and turned. I do this to myself on an astoundingly regular basis. Maybe I should write it down, or tattoo it on my arm. "I cannot drink caffeine after 6 PM. I cannot drink caffeine after 6. I cannot drink..."


Only one more day before Christmas.


Gads.


Hope my caffeine this morning works as well as the stuff last night.


Duh.

This is my gift to the world. I sure am making you feel lots smarter than me, huh?

11 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Ugh. That's my problem. Perhaps the worst is when i think that I've ordered decaf and then I'm laying rigid on my bed at 3 am, trying not to vibrate.

WhiteStone said...

Already learned that one, Debby. Only for me, the cutoff point is about 2 PM.

steviewren said...

Merry Christmas, Debby. Hoping you will have a wonderful celebration with the hubby and chicklets.

Lydia said...

Hope the coffee kicks into overdrive. I have to cut it off at 6:30 as well.

Have a wonderful day!

Kelly said...

I hope you enjoy your weekend off and have the best Christmas ever!!

(((hugs))) from south Arkansas.

Mikey said...

Merry Christmas!!

Paula said...

I try to stop the caffeine after noon. Its miserable to lay there so tired but eyes wide open. Happy Christmas to you.

Bill of Wasilla said...

No. I do not feel smarter than you. I feel akin to you. In torment I lie in bed with you, tossing and turning...

well, not actually with you... put that hunting rifle down, Tim...

...in sleepless spirit, I mean.

Caroline said...

I'm off caffeine after 10 am. Every so often I mess up and am up all night.

Caroline said...

Oh, Merry Christmas!

ellie k said...

caffeine will keep me awake if I have it after lunch. I wish you a merry and blessed Christmas.