Monday, December 27, 2010

So, today, I was at work, and it was freight day. I was lifting a case of dog food to a shelf when the cardboard tray buckled, and one of the cans slipped free and hit me on my forehead. It stunned me at first, and I saw stars, but it was really a very minor thing and within sixty seconds, I was clear headed and looking back at everyone looking at me. Bob went off to get a bandaid. Ike and Dave decided that it should be reported, and so it was. Ike made the call, and then he spent probably 20 minutes answering what seemed like fourteen hundred thirty eleven questions. I sat there answering the questions he couldn't. Finally it was done. Ike hung up the phone looked at me very seriously. He shook his head. "Gees," he said, "It might have been easier to just shoot ya." I about fell out of my chair laughing.

Really, we have the best crew. We laugh as hard as we work.

And when we were done laughing, we got right back to it.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Just so long as you didn't dent the can....*runs and ducks* :P

Hal Johnson said...

Laughter can be such a gift in the workplace. I work with a great bunch of of folks down in in the boonies of south Louisiana. Lots of laughter seems to make the homesickness less weighty.

Twain12 said...

LOL..glad you are alright

nancyspoint said...

Sometimes laughing is the only thing there is to do! Funny story, but could have been not so funny. Are you black and blue?? Did you get a bump? Enjoy the holidays and my best to you in 2011.

jeanie said...

I yi yi - I am sure I was witty in my first response, but that was the 6 levels of hell BEFORE I got back here after password recovery. Thank goodness there is no bureacratic management there, eh?

No stock was damaged, no livestock injuries - as you were. (with a bonus of a great yarn!)

quid said...

Hope you recover from the "canning".

quid