Tuesday, December 14, 2010

School is Canceled

The weather warning for today.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF LAKE- EFFECT SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS. LAKE- EFFECT SNOW TYPICALLY FALLS AS NARROW BANDS OF HEAVY SNOW WITHIN A LARGER AREA OF LIGHTER SNOW. SNOWFALL RATES OF OVER AN INCH PER HOUR ARE LIKELY UNDER THE HEAVIER BANDS. VISIBILITIES VARY GREATLY AND CAN DROP TO ZERO WITHIN MINUTES. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... BLANKETS AND A CELLULAR PHONE IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

They canceled school for today. Normally, this would be a good thing, but it's finals week. Erg. I wanted to get them out of the way.

4 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

It's snowing like crazy here too! My Youngest had her flight home canceled yesterday, and then the rescheduled flight this a.m. was canceled, now she's on a later flight and that one is still on but delayed. Fingers crossed. She just wants to be home with her mama!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to remove about a foot of snow on my car so I can get to the ice below it which needs to be scraped off before I can get to the airport. Ah, winter. I'd take photos but I've Temporarily Misplaced my cord.

Enjoy your snow day! Read a book, sip tea!

WhiteStone said...

Time to stay home and bake.
P.S. Gramma's fruitcake in cupcake papers is great!!!!!

steviewren said...

No snow here, but the temp was 14 when I woke up...a whooping 18 now. That's cold for this Southern Belle.

Lydia said...

Boy you guys are really getting hit. We got a big blast here in South Dakota -- mostly in the corner of the state where I lived. But really, only one big storm this year so far. It is much easier than last year *fingers crossed* so far.