Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's done.

Holy guacamole, Batman. It's done. I got the darned 'persuasive argument' done. Last night, after I went to bed, I could not sleep. It was not right. I was just convinced of it. This afternoon, after lunch, I decided to redo it. The whole paper. The whole subject. I got my material. I left the library. I went to work, and when I got home from work at 8:30, I sat down and wrote me a paper.

The lady at the library advised me not to change at the last minute. I really thought that I shouldn't either, but then it just seemed the more that I thought about it, the less choice I had. So I redid it. It is done.

It is now 3 AM. I have to get up at 7. I'm going to bed all you fine people.

PS. It's snowing again. What do you wanna bet me that tomorrow school will be closed. After I sat up all night writing this paper.

Gah!

Here's a funny story for you. This afternoon, I walked out of the library, all sick about this paper. It was snowing so hard it was like a white out. I stopped, and thought, "Gees, I've got to drive home in this mess. It was heck getting here this morning and now, it's going to be heck getting home." Even as I stood there thinking my grumpy thoughts, a young man bursts out the door. He holds his arms skyward and twirls a little and says, "Isn't this beautiful? Just like a winter wonderland." I looked at him, and, people, I'm telling you, for a brief moment there were homicidal tendencies in my heart. I laughed out loud, and said, "What? Are you nuts? The only wonder I've got is if this will stop," and we laughed together walking to our cars.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Chickybabe, only you knew when that argument was 'right'.
Hope you're able to get a solid 4 hrs sleep and fingers crossed school is closed so you don't have to wrestle through that snow!

Lydia said...

Glad it's done! Hope you sleep fast and have a wonderful day -- you are getting close to finishing up!!!

Kelly said...

Sometimes you remind me of me, Debby.

Glad you got it all done and to your satisfaction.

A Novel Woman said...

And isn't that story about the snow a nice analogy for life? Circumstances can't be changed, only our reactions to them.

Having said that, I'm heartily sick of shoveling already.

Pencil Writer said...

Perspective. I believe life is simply all about perspective. I love his joy and your wit! Complimentary perspectives!

Bob said...

There's still something magical about snow, especially the early ones. By March that dude will not be as enthusiastic.