Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Here's your Weather Watch Wednesday, BB!

This morning, much to our surprise, we woke up to another 10 inches of snow. Tim wants you to know that this is the fifth day that he's been out shoveling and plowing and each time he's been moving at least six inches of snow. The forecast? 12 more inches by tomorrow morning. He says that we'll have to begin shoveling the roofs off. Just for measuring purposes, that white board running beneath the roof? It's six inches wide.
The driveway has been plowed or shoveled every day. Couldn't guess that from the pictures, huh?


That 'hump' in the middle of the trellis. That's the top of my bird bath, filled with snow. The thing is probably 18 inches high.
No. They have not canceled school. Let me get going.
PS: It's still snowing.
So. What's it doing in your neck of the woods?

13 comments:

Mikey said...

Oh my gosh. Look at your roof!! That's incredible! And another 12 inches forecast? Wow!!! You guys are really swimming in it!
It's another 75 degrees and sunny here today...

Debby said...

Be nice, Mikey. Actually, that's what I'd come to the computer to add. Be kind, all you folks living in the warmer climes (Mikey and Susan)!. All you Oz folks in the middle of your summer. Be kind.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

Wow, I think I see some light .. could it be some rays of sun are peeping through the heavy blanket of clouds? It hasn't looked this bright in days. I'm sure it is only a momentary happening, though. Those clouds look ominous. I'm sure they are holding lots more snow. Bob has cleared the driveway twice a day since Sunday. He hasn't cleared the snow off the roof yet. Bob says that is a weekend chore. Keep warm and safe!

WhiteStone said...

Yikes! And more Yikes!

steviewren said...

Wow! The most snow we EVER got here was about 12 inches. It shut the whole town for days.

Be safe!

Kelly said...

This is just mind-boggling!

Heck, a half inch can shut things down here. It's beautiful in your photos, but I wouldn't want to be there (for any longer than say... one afternoon)!

Stay warm, Debby!!

Reb said...

Mikey and I have the same weather :) Supposed to be 80 here this weekend. I grew up in Montana and lived in Kansas as an adult....don't miss the snow one bit!
Reb

Lydia said...

Wow, now that is alot of snow. And I know snow! I can't believe they didn't cancel school. Drive careful, Debby!

Jayne said...

Here in Oz (in 3 states) we haven't seen the sun for days, only torrential rain with plenty of floods.
That's insane to not close the school in that weather.

BUSH BABE said...

Are you KIDDING? That is amazing... you DRIVE in that? I would lose myself utterly with all the white landmarks...

Do you even want to know what the weather is here? No. Let's just say t-shirt weather with stink bugs...
:-)
BB

PS LOVIN' the pics!!

A Novel Woman said...

I hear you. We have the same. Pretty for Christmas, but a pain in the you-know-what to do errands.

Bob said...

Cold here too, our first real cold snap. A few flurries this past weekend but nothing stuck. We're supposed to get more in the next couple of days but nothing like you, of course. It is awfully pretty.

PaintedPromise said...

better you than me honey, better you than me!!!