Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dang It.

Gees. I'm just struck by a great big bolt of stupid. I'm trying to write another flipping debate. I'm so everlastingly sick of debates. I can debate another person. I am tired of debating myself. I've begun this stupid essay a dozen times, and it doesn't work. It simply doesn't work. I began again tonight. It doesn't work.

I stopped. I am discouraged. I couldn't find my corkscrew (Cara?) but Tim bought me another while he was downtown. He knew an emergency when he saw it. I had three glasses of wine tonight, while weeping over "The Grapes of Wrath".

Now I am tired. A little drunk. But I have a topic.

Too tipsy to write it though.

Dang.

Late Edit: And did the 'Essay Writing Elves' come in the night to type busily and complete this project for me, leaving it laying on my computer desk? No. They did not. Stupid elves. I know for a fact that the shoemakers aren't keeping them that busy. And just how many cookies does the world need?

And the topic still holds up when scrutinized in the dawn's early light.

Thank goodness.

12 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

Hopefully it will seem like just as good an idea once you're sober. Hang in there! The semester is almost over. This college stuff isn't for sissies, is it?

Jayne said...

Scribble notes down now!
*she says from past experience of trying to recall brilliant world-saving ideas from the wine bottle* lol ;)

Debby said...

No Mary, it is not for sissies. Furthermore, I think I understand why Hemingway drank. Furthermore, the idea came from the Grapes of Wrath. The marginalization of men. Remember the scene where Pa is telling Ma that she's the one holding the family together, and I thought about women today holding the family together, and the idea sort of came from there.

Debby said...

Jayne, I must not have fallen as far into the bottle as you did. LOL!

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear the Essay Writing Elves didn't appear. I hate debating, whether with myself or others.

steviewren said...

It sort of sounds like a oxymoronic kind of thing to do...to have to debate yourself. Either you take one side or the other...this teacher needs to read the definition again.

But I'm glad your 3 glasses of wine helped you figure the conundrum out. Good luck writing it since the elves wouldn't.

Bill of Wasilla said...

I would debate everything that you state in here, except I'm too damn tired.

rhubarbwhine said...

Hang in there, you are such a natural at it that I am sure it reads so effortless. xx

Debby said...

I'd be too tired to debate back, Bill. Nope. Nothing effortless about this, Rhu.

jeanie said...

Oh, one of my favourite all time books, Deb - I used to try to find people to read the bank chapter to because it is so BRILLIANT! And the name Sharon was never so beautiful.

I am sure any argument fermented with the Grapes would be amazing.

BUSH BABE said...

Coming in late to this one... pressure and alcohol can have either devestating or fabulous results. Leaning towards the latter here.
:-)
BB

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.