Thursday, December 30, 2010

Damn.

We were supposed to have company in on New Year's eve. Tim's brother and wife and their little boy. However, I'm pretty hoarse. No cold symptoms to go along with it, just sound perfectly awful, and I think that I scared poor Dawn off, mostly because Brady already is running a fever. She certainly doesn't need a sick baby to bring in the New Year. I am very disappointed, because we were looking forward to watching Brady opening his Christmas gifts. What terrible timing for this 'thing', whatever it is. Tim and I sat looking at each other. Cara's friend is coming in for the evening, but the last thing they want to be doing is 'hanging with the old folks'. "Maybe we could go see a movie," Tim suggested. "Meh. We could, I suppose." I said.

So, that is what we will do. I'll make homemade pepperoni rolls for everyone for tomorrow night, and Tim and I will go take in a movie, and probably make it until midnight, and then we will sleep in late on New Year's day.

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(*coff* *wheeze*)

11 comments:

nancyspoint said...

Debby, Just like we've talked about before, life is a series of adjustments, changing your New Year's Eve plans is yet another. Hopefully you'll find a good movie. We just saw True Grit and liked it. We must adjust as well, canceling plans to go out of town because of ice this time. Guess it'll be quieter, but maybe that's ok. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Twain12 said...

feel better ♥

Mary Paddock said...

Gary and I just went to see Chronicles of Narnia--the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. If you're a C.S. Lewis fan, it's a good one.

WhiteStone said...

Happy New Year!

Mikey said...

Go see True Grit. I'd like to see it, but not a movie for Mercy I'm thinking...
I hope you feel better soon and have a Happy New Year!!

Bob said...

I also highly recommend "The King's Speech." Four stars.

I've had a sinus thing going almost two weeks and all through Christmas. Broke down and went to the doc and got an antibiotic and it's done its job. Finally feeling better.

Wish Susan and I were nearby. We have NOTHING to do NY Eve. All our kids are deserting us and seems most our friends are out of town or have plans that don't include us. And we're so much fun! (Note the sacrcasm). But we have each other and we still make each other laugh.

Happy, Happy New Year.

jeanie said...

Oh I have heard wonderful things about "The King's Speech".

We shall be possibly sleeping in the year - either that, or blowing raspberries to 2010 (but probably wait until 12.01 to do that, because 2010 is really sneaking in creeping up behind you and THWACKING)

Get better soon.

Kelly said...

Awww... I'm sorry you have the hoarseness thing. The movie could be fun, though! You've gotten some good suggestions here! (all of which I would enjoy going to see)

Happy New Year, Debby!!

Lydia said...

Hey Debby! I´m sorry your plans fell apart. My son and I are on vacationin Spain, and can you believe OUR plans fell apart as well. Our friends that we were going to get together with have a little boy that has a fever, and so instead of 11 people getting together it is just 4. I think we will do OK, and we are in Sapin and all but you know, it happens that way!

Happy New Year to you and all of yours!

BUSH BABE said...

Oh well... a movie sounds delicious to me! A theatre movie is a rare thing in my world...

We just saw 2011 in here in Oz - am coming from our neighbour's tennis party, via computer, to bed... HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friend!!!
:-)
BB

quid said...

My New Years plans changed abruptly, too. Blame a car breaking down and a kidney problem. No further disclosure necessary. Sigh. The King's Speech is a rare and wonderful movie... but on a limited amount of screens. Narnia is lovely, but, don't laugh, I really enjoyed "Tangled"!! Yes, I went without a child.

Hugs this New Year... feel better. Quid