Thursday, December 2, 2010

D-Day

December 2nd. It's here.

My projects are due. (check)

Done. (check)

Ready to be handed in. (Check)

Presentation ready. (check)

House cleaned. (Well, it's better...half a check)

Bed in spareroom cleared, ironing hidden in my 'office'. (check)

Ham and potatoes and onion simmering in the crock pot with a stick of butter, ready to be made into a cream of potato soup tonight when I get home from school. (check)

Company coming. (check)

Cara coming home for the evening. (check).

Really.

I'm about as ready as I'm going to be.

Well.

Except for the fact that I'm sitting here at the computer in my bathrobe, still finishing my coffee.

Other than that, though, I'm ready.

7 comments:

Jayne said...

I can smell your soup from here, save me a bowl!

Lydia said...

Glad you had a snow day and could get some things taken care of!

Enjoy your company!

Hal Johnson said...

Wow. I might need to take a nap after reading that. But have fun with Cara and the company!

steviewren said...

Soup sounds good. Cleaning house is on my agenda for today. It's a mess.

I hope the snow plough has been through by now.

Kelly said...

I've noticed my house cleaning checklist seems to get less important the closer it gets to the zero hour. I'm sure your house is plenty clean enough.

Enjoy your company!!

WhiteStone said...

Computer, bathrobe, coffee. Excellent combo IMHO!

Hopesrising said...

Debby I left you a message under your comment on my blog...I think it might help a little Its not so much on forgetting things or others actions but read and let me know what you think. xox