Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving and Waterworks and Black Friday

It was a nice Thanksgiving. It was small, but it was okay, because I honestly think that it was my worst Thanksgiving dinner yet. I just didn't have enough time to do great things. Plus I tried a new stuffing recipe, which I didn't care for all that much. The pies were good. Meh.

Anyhow, not everyone was home, and although I was glad for the faces round the table, I was also missing the ones that weren't. At one point, Cara walked in on me and said, "Oh, gees. DYLAN! Code Waterworks! Code Waterworks in the kitchen!" They're a pair, the two of them.

We all watched Toy Story 3, which made them laugh and snort and call one more Code Waterworks. The boogers. It's just hard not to think of Winnie the Pooh..."No matter where he goes, somewhere there will be a boy and his bear playing in the 100 acre wood." I cry everytime I read that, but it's still nice to think that those children are still there, somewhere, in those adults who keep calling 'Code Waterworks!'

I also whipped Dylan in Scrabble.

It's 4:34 right now. I've got to get ready for work. Black Friday has officially arrived. I'll betcha some stories come out of today's adventure!

8 comments:

Twain12 said...

hope it will not be to nuts today...sending hugs ♥

BUSH BABE said...

Hey - we watched Toy Story 3 tonight here! Snap. And it was Code Waterworks here too - not the kids of course, just me. Hopeless...

Hey - just realised my link is now wrong for the calendar promo. Will email you correct one. (I am hopeless in more ways than one, apparently).

Hope today goes okay.
:-)
BB

Mary Paddock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Paddock said...

It must be going around, Deb.

Though all four boys are still either home or coming home, it was an odd one here too. Strangely when we all sat down to eat yesterday, no one was especially hungry, the mood--though pleasant--was subdued. I don't know exactly why either. Between weather, sickness, and finances, customary holiday visiting was curtailed, so maybe that was why.

Blicky Kitty said...

Heyyyy so great to get caught up in bloggyland :) Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

My kids still always ask for things saying, "very sweetly may I ......?" I think they got that from Christopher Robin. I think it' among the handful of most beautiful works of children's literature ever.

Jayne said...

Sounds like a fairly good Thanksgiving, Deb :)
Was going to pop in on my broomstick but someone opened the floodgates and rumour has it the pies were all eaten so I waved and dropped a lifesaver as I zoomed over :P

Kelly said...

Our day went well for the most part.

You tried new dressing?? (we don't call it stuffing down here) That's something I'm picky about and I don't mess with what I know I like!

A Novel Woman said...

Now I want to watch Toy Story 3!

I have a great stuffing recipe. My client gave it to me 27 years ago. I was in a panic when my soon-to-be husband "volunteered" me to cook my first ever Christmas dinner for his family. I didn't cook anything in those days. I trussed the turkey with mint dental floss (the only string I could find), the element in the stove broke midway through and I had to finish cooking it in a neighbour's oven (they were in Florida) and I set off the smoke alarm over the table when I flamed the pudding. The stuffing, however, was perfect. Email me and I'll give you the recipe. Someone always asks for the recipe when I make it. Trust me on this one.