Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Milestones

I have finished that essay. Spent all afternoon on it, but still, it was not long enough. I kept agonizing about it. Until I realized that I had four pages, single spaced. Once I double spaced it, as required, it was (as usual) longer than it needed to be. Boy, this essay was a tough one, and I am tired.

My car turned 200,000 miles on the way to school yesterday. Forgot to tell you that one.

Figured out my schedule for next spring. I've got classes five days a week. I was hoping to avoid that. *sigh*

5 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

As long as it's not a Ford Taurus, you'll be find.

Debby said...

Nope. It's an Intrigue. Shows no sign of quitting any time soon. (Knock wood) Tim was not privy to our 'conversation' over at your blog, but the Taurus comment tickled him pink. I read him your post and he laughed even harder.

Jayne said...

Happy Mileage to your car :P
Great to hear the essay is done and dusted :)

quid said...

I'm at 140,000. You've got me. Double spacing is a wonder, is it not? School 5 days a week? Sounds like a tough schedule, Debby. Don't forget to enjoy along the way.

WhiteStone said...

The car! You reminded me of the days when I was working full time and going to school evenings full time. I was single and raising a daughter. And I was driving a rusted out 1977 Olds Cutlass. That thing was well over 100,000 (remarkable then) and still started instantly when I touched the switch. I was sooooo appreciative of having no car payments.