Monday, November 15, 2010

Friends

In the midst of all my busy-ness, in the midst of my struggles to keep my nose above water, I am surrounded by people who love me. What do they get from me? I've got this pile of cards on my table that I keep meaning to sit down and get written up. It has not yet been done. I wake up in the night and think on them, and pray for them as I wait to fall back asleep. I don't bother to call then, because I know for a fact that even my bestest, bestest friend will not be glad to hear from me at that hour. It is a wonderful thing to know, though, that when things slow down, when I get a minute to catch my breath, these friends will be there still, and when I call, they will answer the phone and they will be glad that it's me. I am not loved as I deserve to be loved. I am loved better than that.

8 comments:

Lydia said...

I think you deserve every bit of love you have received. The fact that you don't find yourself deserving of it, shows even more why you are loved.

Have a great week, Debby!

WhiteStone said...

Friends are good! Amen!

Mikey said...

I think you deserve every bit of it :)

Debby said...

Funny thing. I posted this comment, pushed away from the computer and my phone rang. I recognized the ring tone right away. It was my oldest friend in the world. It was a lovely reminder of just how blessed I am.

Tammy said...

I just wanted you to know that I read your blog most every day. You set a lovely example of how easy it is to be a good person - which seems like a weird thing to say, but some of us have to try harder, it seems! LOL!

I used to work in a western store years and years ago. Pay was poor, hours bad and now have a "wonderful" corporate job with good pay, benefits, hours and time off. But you know, I miss the store very much and the day to day interaction with the customers. The "realness" of it, for lack of a better word. Your Tractor Supply stories bring it back to me. I know what I want to do when I grow up! :)

Anyway, I don't comment often because I am firewalled out of the comments section at work, but just want to say thanks for being part of my day.

BUSH BABE said...

I think you know that I think you deserve every bit of your friendships... (are you as confused with that sentence as I?)

And also - I think Tractor Supply should have you on their marketing books. You are great PR for them!
:-)
BB

Kelly said...

Yes, you DO deserve your friendships!

Hey, I'm also guilty of that "thinking of things to do at the wrong time to do them" problem.

Jayne said...

You gather around you those who reflect your own lovely nature :)