Monday, October 4, 2010

Well, I had a nice sleep last night, and that made up for the whole bad day at work. Some days are like that, I know.

People bring their dogs into Tractor Supply. Sunday is a big day for pet sales. People come in and buy their dog food and dog treats for the week. I sold a whole bunch of bully sticks. Don't ask. Oh, please. Don't ask. But some folks did, and I had no idea how to answer the question without wandering into a whole area that I did not want to head. So I looked square at them and said, "Don't ask. Oh, please. Don't ask." Which caused them to pick one up out of curiosity, and then they'd read the package and burst out laughing. The men were buying them to give to their friends. Oy. Men are sick and twisted creatures. Probably was a man that came up with the idea for bully sticks. That's what I think, anyway. Anyways, they were our 'item of the day', and we sold out.

Anyway, there were a lot of dogs in the store yesterday. There's a big white one who is probably the biggest 'talker' I've ever heard. He doesn't bark, but he does a lot of yodeling and whining and half howls, as if he's trying hard to talk. He comes to the register, and knows that I have biscuits under the counter for him, so he always makes sure to 'talk' to me. There was a woman with a little shivering chihuahua. It was just plain cold yesterday, and the poor little thing was naked. For the first time since I've worked there, a little dog had an accident, but his owner cleaned it up. Most of the dogs are very mannerly, and I get to pet them all.

A little boy came in yesterday. He was with his grandpa and grandma. He was getting a toy tractor. He explained to me that "tomorrow is my birthday". I said, "I wonder if this is the birthday you'll be all grown up," and he gave me a puzzled look. "Well," I sighed, "I guess you won't know for sure until you get out of bed and look in the mirror tomorrow morning. If you've got gray hair and whiskers, this is the birthday, alright." He looked skeptical. "It's true," I said. "That's what happened to me. One birthday, I got out of bed and looked in the mirror, and I had I gray hairs and whiskers. It just snuck right up on me." (that's what it felt like, anyway.) The whole line burst out laughing at the expression on his little face.

I've got class today, and work tonight. At some point, I need to shop for groceries. I also need to get laundry folded and caught up on the housework. How does that happen? How do I keep getting behind? I tell Tim that he ought to get himself a good wife.

Well, my coffee's done, and I'm heading to school early. I hope you have a good one where ever you are.

Celebration at Bob's blog. Stop over and congratulate their family!

10 comments:

Bill of Wasilla said...

To me, the idea of a bully stick is enough to make a man grimace, clench his knees together and hobble painfully out of the room.

Kelly said...

I must be missing something here. What is a bully stick?

Nancy said...

You sound sooo busy. How do you do it? I don't know what a bully stick is either?? I feel like I've aged quite a bit since this cancer junk struck. I try not to look in the mirror much.

steviewren said...

Oh plu eeese Debby! If Tim doesn't know he has a good wife already, then he doesn't deserve you!

Jayne said...

I've got a good idea what a bully stick is and I'm wishing we had some here to give to my hubby *snort*.

rhubarbwhine said...

Bully stick? I think I need to know more about this!

Debby said...

http://www.bullysticks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BSS&Category_Code=BS

Bob said...

Tim knows he has the best wife imagineable!

Bob said...

Thanks for the shout-out. I figured as much with the new visitors.

PaintedPromise said...

not asking... google is a wonderful thing! i had no idea what a bully stick was either until i went and looked lol