Sunday, October 24, 2010

Today at the Tractor Supply

Today, a customer came into the store. I was just heading back to get some lunch and study, and I heard my name. I turned around, and an elderly woman came up to me. She had knitted me a scarf, a pink, wooley thing to keep me warm in the winter. The idea that someone who is virtually a stranger to me sat at home by herself knitting a scarf and thinking of me...well...isn't that just the very sweetest thing you've ever heard? I love that. I gave her a big hug.

It seems to go like that, doesn't it? No matter how rough life gets, it has sweetness. It has bright spots. I'm lucky. I'm so very lucky.

6 comments:

Donna said...

I love Tractor Supply; I hardly ever go there because it's a 30 mile trip, but I do love it.
I like you, too. Because if that lady did that for you, it's because you treat people as they ought to be treated. God bless you.

Jayne said...

I insist that your boss opens a branch of Tractor Supply here in Melbourne and transfers you as manager to over-see it immediately :P

Mikey said...

I love your stories from there. I think Tractor Supply is going to be one of your favorite jobs you've ever had. And I think that's because of YOU :) Always makes me smile

Kelly said...

Awww ... how sweet!!

steviewren said...

If the tractor store is ever looking for an advertising phrase they should use the line..."come on down...Debby works here." When it's time for your annual revue just remind them of all the customers that come in just to see you. You deserve a big pay raise in my opinion.

Lori said...

Very sweet!