Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Place Where I Am

Today, I got a test back with a thrilling 97% at the top of it. I took a unit test for another class, and I think that I did well on that too. I am preparing for a mid-term on Thursday which has me bug-eyed with terror. As I was copying some material, a young girl from my class stood by. We talked. She admitted that she's terrified about this test as well. "Let's study together at the library tomorrow after our LifeSpan class," I suggested. "We'll pass the word. Who ever wants to join us for a few hours can." And she accepted readily, relieved. I was just as relieved as she was, truth be told. Later, I scooted out to my truck to drop off my bookbag, and I heard the sound of a bird call behind me. Surprised, I turned to see a tall smiling young man from one of my classes last spring. "How are you?" he hailed me. And we talked, because I've only seen him a couple times this semester. I walked to my next class in the unseasonably warm and cloudy October day, and I loved this place in life that I am.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Life is good, isn't it Debby?

Here's a ((hug)) just for the heck of it!

Debby said...

And here's one right back atcha Kelly!

Bill of Wasilla said...

Let's face it, you're just smart. If I had gone back to school and had taken the same test, I would probably have scored 9.7 percent.

Congratulations! Keep studying!

And write that damn book!

BUSH BABE said...

Darned smarty pants... go on. You know you are!! How wonderful... I hope you are REVELLING in this knowledge woman... rolling in it!
:-)
BB

Karen said...

Good for you, Debby! Glad to hear that things are going well and happy to see you so happy!!!

Jayne said...

Good on you, well done and well deserved :)

Lori said...

Great job on your test score!!!