Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Chapter

Yesterday, I saw an old acquaintance. I called out her name in delight, and she was glad to see me. In fact, I think that she may have come to the store to see me. We had a nice talk. She wanted to tell me how glad she was to see that I have moved past cancer, how well I looked.

I worked on after she left, thinking about it. Maybe the fact of it is simple. I'm not a good person to speak for one hour and forty five minutes on cancer because I'm not 'there' any more. I don't know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I still think you'll be good at it because you've "been there, done that" and come out the other side intact. People will see that there is hope. And thank God you're not "there" anymore!

KarenTX

Lydia said...

Debby, I'm sorry that you are not feeling good about your talk yesterday. It probably went a lot better than you think -- as you tend to downplay your successes and abilities. HOWEVER, even if it went really, really badly, you did it. You put yourself in a position that was supremely uncomfortable. I am proud of you for doing it. Be encouraged, you did something really new, and lived to tell the tale. :}

Nancy said...

Debby,
It sounds like you are just an easy person to talk to and that's something special. She probably did come to the store just to talk. I would like to add you to my blog roll and am wondering if you'll add me to yours?? I really appreciate your visits and comments. They make me want to keep going. Thanks.

Kelly said...

You know, I bet that talk went a lot better than you're leading us to believe. There were probably plenty of folks listening who heard exactly what they needed to hear, no matter how badly you might think it went.