Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Much ado about nothing.

I don't often miss television, but I would have liked to have seen some of that rescue of the Chilean miners. That was pretty awesome.

I wrote a paper at the library today. I went to class, I went to work. Remember that fellow with no legs I told you about before? He was back in the store today. I hailed him. "Long time, no see! Since the last thing you told me was that you were heading out to see what trouble you could find, well, I figured you found some." He thought that was funny stuff. He claims that he doesn't have to actually look for trouble. It generally looks him up. He talked as I rang up his purchases. About the cold weather ("Course, it doesn't really matter. I wear shorts all year round," and he laughed loud at his own joke. He told me about his birthday. He's going to be 69. (He doesn't look it, either.) He headed for the door calling back, "If you can't stay out of trouble, well, just don't blame it on me." I called right back, "If I find trouble, I'm pretty sure you'd be close by." I heard him still laughing as he went out the door. I marvel at his amazing good humor, and I am ashamed my own gloomy mood these past few days.

I came home and got my homework. I took an online exam. I got 100% on medical terminology. I did not expect to have the results immediately, but I submitted the test, and there was my grade. I got myself organized after I just about drove myself nuts looking for an assignment. I thought was due tomorrow. It is not due until the 28th. That was a relief.

Now, I'm talking to you good folks. Really, what I ought to be doing is heading to bed. In thinking it over, I believe that I will! Good night!

5 comments:

Jayne said...

He sounds like my Dad, with a cheeky sense of humour :)
Congrats on the exam results! Woot :)

jeanie said...

Yay for all the things of delight today. Sleep well, Debby

Lydia said...

I hope you had a good rest. Glad that you are on more firm ground.

Twain12 said...

congrats on the super grade !!

A Novel Woman said...

Only a 100%? Ah, too bad. If only you'd tried a little harder...

The Chilean miners made me weep. So wonderful to see them hugging their family members and not letting go. Warmed my heart, it did.