Monday, September 6, 2010

Quiet Day

After a pleasant weekend, I spent my holiday Monday at the computer. I wrote a column which came quickly and easily. I then researched and wrote a five page argument on teenage drinking. The paper is due Thursday. Just having such a big project out of the way so early in the week makes me breathe a lot more easily. I made a special supper for Tim and made extra so that he had leftovers for supper tomorrow night, since I have to work. I read him the latest column and though he said nothing more than, "That's very nice," I could tell it pleased him. Since it was about marriage, about taking things for granted, I felt like it needed his approval and I was glad to have it. That's it really. I'm prepared for the week, and being prepared for the week makes me feel confident within myself.

5 comments:

Jayne said...

You're on a roll, great way to start the week! :)

Lydia said...

So glad that you are ready to go! I just got back from a trip to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday out in San Francisco. I am SO not ready for the week. *sigh* I would love 3 more days with her, but I think my assistant would kill me if I left the office any longer than I have already. LOL

Chez said...

Confirmation that you are, most certainly, right where you are meant to be Debby.

Anonymous said...

Tempus fugit

Debby said...

Yeah. I know. It was a joke. And it's okay to offer up criticisms like that. What is not okay, and I have taken exception to is people who disagree and then launch themselves into the blog criticizing and mocking not only me but the people who comment. It's rude, like bursting into someone's livingroom to interrupt a conversation. But no. I don't mind constructive criticism.