Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Weigh In, Thoughts about Nothing

I'm still losing weight. Not a full pound this week, but the scales are still headed the right way. It's been cold and rainy and so I had to pull out warmer shirts from the back of the closet, things that I hadn't looked at since last winter. It was nice to find myself putting on a shirt that I couldn't wear last winter.

I am tired. Just beat. It might be because with the cold and damp came the aching bones. With a vengeance. Don't know. I talked to a friend who was complaining about the same thing. She's my age, doesn't take tamoxifen. Does this simply happen as you get older? Have I been blaming the tamoxifen for something that simply and coincidently began at the same time? That was an interesting thought.

I think that I'm starting to get with the program for school. A lot of writing though, and I'll be working to put together a power point, and...well... gees. If I start thinking too far ahead, I just make myself nervous. Takes a deep breath. Well. That's what I'm up to today.

Mrs. Spit has a column plagiarized. I went over to Mommy Outnumbered to compare the two columns. Word for word, except that Mrs. Spit's was dated first. Turns out that all of 'Mommy's' blog posts were swiped from other blogs. Now why would a person do that? What was she looking for? Attention? Pity? When you read her profile, well, she sounds a little freaky, talking about when she gets an overwhelming urge to be around blood, she goes to play in the ER. (She claims to be an ER nurse). Bizarre attitude. I find myself hoping that she's NOT an ER nurse. Can you imagine being cared for by a nurse who's watching everything with a sick fascination, having the time of her life? Ew. Maybe she's just a compulsive liar. Terribly lonely. A longing to be someone. Is Katie Pearson even a real person? We don't know. Her blog will be taken down and we'll probably never know the rest of that story. I guess that I'm nosy.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Hmmmm. That's interesting (and kinda creepy).

As for the achy bones.... I've found much more of that the older I get and yes, the cold makes it worse.

Mrs. Spit said...

I don't know. I've obviously spent a lot of time thinking about it. It's distressing - the entry she stole was something that was very personal and I put a lot of work into it.

Debby said...

I guess that my take on it, Mrs. Spit, is that your story is a tough, tough read. It breaks my heart to think of it. What a difficult time...for someone to claim that experience as her own makes me wonder about her motives. This has to be a sick person. Truly mentally ill, don't you think?

I think of her reading blogs and claiming little bits of the lives of others as her own, and really, it makes me feel a bit sorry for her. The thing is, the 'voice' of that blog is so jumbled up, such a cacophony of different voices. It just makes me wonder about what she's hearing in her own head.

Chez said...

Debby thank you for bringing this appalling, and blatant theft to the fore.
And! Congratulations on your weight loss efforts

quid said...

I cannot believe someone would plagiarize someone else's blog. It's like raiding an underwear drawer. I loved your Amish story on Bob's blog.

quid

Jayne said...

I know of someone that does that, too, Debby, 'borrowing' a lot of other people's lives to paint an 'interesting' but totally fabricated picture of her own life.
Yep, she's 'borrowed' from my life, too.
It can leave a nasty unclean feeling, like someone has cheapened everything about your own life by using your pain, laughs and life just to gather further readers for their own blog.

Meant to tell you about Anne McDonald; similar to Henry W, lived in hell in care until a therapist went to court to get her released at the age of 18.

BUSH BABE said...

Good grief... people really do this? Why? Crazy stuff...

Congrats on weight loss. I am doing same, but only after slightly more than my self control was required!
:-)
BB