Monday, August 23, 2010

Stay Tuned

Today is the first day of school.

Life is whirling about me in a very exciting way. Amazing things are happening right now. I am one of the college's four 'poster children' for "older, non-traditional students". I said to someone, "When did non-traditional become a good thing?" and the reply came back, "Nevermind 'non-traditional'...what about the 'older' part?" My response? "Well, yeah, that too." But the interview is done. We have to meet with a photographer. (Erk.) I will put up a link to their website when it is done.

I have had the strangest experiences lately. I am meeting people who tie into other stories, reacquaint me with other times and other people and other places. An amazing synchronicity that I cannot really explain. It's the sense of belonging that I described in the last post. It's that, but it's more also more than that. I'm having some amazing conversations with complete strangers. So amazing that the strangers come back to speak with me again, just as astounded as I am. Flashes of insight. Moments of remarkable beauty. Wonderful opportunities. It's been going on for a couple weeks now. I don't know how to explain it really. I wish I could. It's quite an exciting time.

Last night in bed, I whispered to Tim, "Do you have the feeling that God is at work in our lives right now? Bigtime?" And his answer came back, softly. "Yes."

And so we wait to see what happens next.

12 comments:

Twain12 said...

have great first day at school ♥

Jayne said...

Have fun at school!
Keep those sparky connections coming with others :)

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

Enjoy your first day back at school.

Roland said...

enjoy!

Lydia said...

Well, it seems to me that you have passed some (i.e. about a gazillion) of the "character" tests and He is ready to move!

Mary Paddock said...

Have a good first day!

Redlefty said...

Excellent!

Kelly said...

Hope it got off to a great start today!

BUSH BABE said...

You made me tear up (you and my sister, darn you!). You know what I think? I think you are just 'ready'... you know how when things go pear-shaped, it ALL seems to hit the fan. And when things calm and confidence returns... well, the world comes to you. Life really IS funny like that!

BB

Pencil Writer said...

I will add my "yes" to Tim's. ;)

cyn said...

Your posting today brought tears to my eyes. I had moments of experiencing that synchronicity before I got sick, but perhaps I just am more conscious of them now. Every moment is a chance to be open to the world and prepared to receive life's gifts. Thank you for giving me another of those moments. :-)

Have a wonderful school year.

PaintedPromise said...

awesome :)