Saturday, August 7, 2010

Millions, I tell you!

I don't know why it has never occurred to me before: buying stock over the internet! What a dang fine idea that is! Just click on a link and pick out your stock and send them money, and bingo, penny stocks turn into millions. (MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!) If there is a flaw in this great plan, I cannot see it. It's quick, it's easy, and anyone can do it. That's why they are only letting a few people in on the big deal. Just a few of us. We can't have everyone making millions now (MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!) I mean the whole point of being rich is to be better than anyone else. Isn't it? So yeah. Those folks in Nigeria are doing the right thing by only letting a few of us in on the big secret.

I can't help wondering why, out of all the people in the world, (MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!) they chose little ol' me to receive that e-mail, that once in a life time offer? I've been tossing it around for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that it is because some folks, well, they just can't manage money. Me and Tim? We can. I guess I should say I can, because the e-mail came to my mail box, not Tim's. So, they have their doubts about Tim, but me? Hey, I can handle the riches (MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!). Anyways, Tim is lucky to be married to me, because when I am rolling in the dough (MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!), I am willing to share with him.

I get millions of these offers (MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!) every day. Sweepstakes, and stocks, and *psst* Hey buddy, wanna buy a watch? sort of things. Honestly. It amazes me that anybody would fall for this stuff. But they do.

6 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I hesitate to tell you how many emails (MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!) I receive regarding meds for that important part of the male anatomy. And offers for high-end name-brand watches! And even some in Chinese (those may not be in the MILLIONS but I'm expecting that to improve!).

I'll tell you what...I'll share with you if you'll share with me and then we'll both have MILLIONS, I TELL YOU!

Funny thing, I keep telling my email provider (that old, long-time better-than-warm mail place) that these are phishing scams, and they never seem to catch on. Never.

steviewren said...

Hey, I get those emails for that important part of the male anatomy too....not something I can use. But MILLIONS, I could use MILLIONS!

Mrs.Spit said...

Gmail.I'm just saying (I haven't had spam in my email box for oh, 3 months. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you an invite. You can forward your hotmail to it.

Cheryl Radford said...

Amazing just how many do fall for these scams (MILLIONS I TELL YOU. MILLIONS)
Warnings on television and radio frequently advising of the danger and, of course 'suckers' telling their tale of woe.
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
So glad to hear that you have good financial management skills in your toolbox Debby.

Pencil Writer said...

It is amazing how many of those scams are alive and well! So glad, like you, that I know where to dump the trash.

Dave said...

Ha ha! Good blog Debbie :-) You are quite right. Each time we get an e-mail from Nigeria saying we can share a large amount of money Jill and I decide we don't really want it! Joking of course. One must be foolish to beleive that rubbish! - Dave