Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Actual Conversation

Cara sat on the steps in the kitchen as I put together a fruit salad. "I heard that your brain does not slow down when you get older," she said. "Yeah. I heard that too," I said. "So ha! Turns out that it takes us longer to retrieve the information because we've got more of it, but we don't process more slowly. Yeah. I actually was going to tell you about that..."

She looked at me with a smile playing around her lips. "....but you forgot," she filled in.

I chopped on. "Yep," I said. "I forgot."

She just about fell off the steps laughing. Who raised that smart alec anyway?

9 comments:

Jayne said...

bwahahahahaha !

Dave said...

That sort of banter is fun. Enjoy it Debbie.- Dave

Twain12 said...

LOL

Lydia said...

LOL that is hysterical... Thanks for the great start to my day!

Pam said...

Love it!!!!!

Hal Johnson said...

"Who raised that smart alec anyway?"

Yep, that's quite a mystery there. Har.

Bob said...

Just take solace in the fact that her day will come, that infamous day when she searches for her glasses and when she scratches her head to try to remember where they are, finds them atop their head.

Love the close-up photo. Shows the real you.

Bob said...

That's atop HER head . . . .

Lori said...

That's funny!