Friday, July 23, 2010

Thunderstorm

The thunder is echoing through the woods as yet another thunderstorm approaches. The wind has picked up and the trees rustle and whisper. I have wind chimes on the back deck, big ones that sound like church bells when they ring. The rain is pounding right now. I love the darkness, and I love the wildness of this night. I pad around the house that I know by heart, and I do not turn on the lights, in part because I know where everything is, but mostly because I want to watch the lightning flash.

7 comments:

Chez said...

Enjoy!
I imagine you finding your way around the familiar surroundings, enjoying the thunder and lightening.

Kelly said...

I like storms....up to a point. Enjoy, but stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Not storm season here just now but we could use some rain anyway. I enjoyed your backwards photo tale. I felt as though we had had a really good visit. Your camera is working a treat. haven't visited for a few days so feel I have caught up a little now. Hope the storms treat you kindly - and the new job too! Barb x

BUSH BABE said...

I adore storms... Mother Nature showing off.
:-)
BB

Paula said...

I love big storms too ... as long as I am inside!!

Px

quid said...

We've had some big time rain, thunder and lightning over the past three days as Bonnie rolls by. Can't help it, I love a good storm when I'm inside looking out.

quid

PaintedPromise said...

gives me chills! good chills :) i love storms too. and i have TWO of those lovely "grandfather clock" sounding wind chimes. they get quite loud a lot because we get a lot of wind here. Randy hates them lol but i love them so much he lets me have them.