Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quiet Time

I've been really stressing about a lot of different things lately. On top of everything else, I've had to work the past four Sunday mornings, so I've missed church. That's when I begin to lose perspective. At one point, tired and overwhelmed, I just put my head down and prayed, "God, I just need to see that you're at work..." And then I trudged on.

Well. A lot of things have changed here in just a few weeks. Tim is back to work. That's a big blessing. My class ended, and I did well. We have another apartment rented, and to a wonderful tenant too. I worried about Tim and his car and his late night commute home, and suddenly he has a nice Mustang AND a day job which will begin at the end of the month. I've got another job where everyone speaks nicely to (and of) each other. There is a lot of smiling, and I'm excited to begin work there. My poor house is finally taking on some semblance of order again after weeks of little time for housework. Yesterday, I was out running errands, and you know, everywhere I went, I ran into someone who was glad to see me, and anxious to know how things were going. Conversations with old friends are always cheering, aren't they? Know what else? Those wobbly tumor markers? This time they're down. That's good news too.

It seems as if my prayer has been answered. I again see His hand in my life. I can again look around, and count blessings, and tonight, alone in my quiet little house, I am filled with gratitude. I feel joy bubbling up from a place deep inside of me, and it has been too long. Thank God.

11 comments:

Chez said...

Praise the Lord. Amen xo

steviewren said...

It is so good to hear this Debbie! Isn't it wonderful to see God at work?

BTW, I had a phone interview this morning that went well. I'm hopeful about that.

BUSH BABE said...

Great stuff Deb. Good to know that the Lord listens even when we AREN't in church... reassures me no end!

You deserve the good stuff - Tim too.
:-)
BB

WhiteStone said...

Well, that is ALL good news...but the best news of all is the good reading on the tumor markers. I am jumping up and down and making lots of happy noise.

PaintedPromise said...

Amen and Amen and Praise The Lord! We had good news ourselves this week!!! A definite answer to prayer...

Just DON'T STOP PRAYING!!!

Twain12 said...

makes me smile

Mary Paddock said...

Very good news. All very well deserved breaks.

Bill of Wasilla said...

It sounds very good. I'd say you've earned it.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I'm glad everything is going so well for you and Tim. It is nice to see you in such an upbeat frame of mind. Any plans to go to Warren's Ribfest? If so, perhaps we can meet up there. Bob and I plan to go Friday night and again on Saturday.

Scotty said...

Great news on the markers, Debby - I'm smiling for ya.

Kelly said...

So glad to hear that the markers are down this time!!

God is good!