Monday, July 26, 2010

Night Walk

Tonight, I came home from work, and the moon was just gorgeous. It illuminated everything just beautifully, and so, on the spur of the moment, I went for a night walk. I walked down to neighbor Ken's field. I stood looking at the way the daisies and the Queen Anne's lace glowed by the light of the moon. I looked at the way the moon reflected on the surface of the pond. I studied my own moon shadow. I listened to the frogs and the crickets. As I walked back, I could smell the horses from the Saddle Club across the road. I looked at the trees silhouetted by the full moon. I picked out star constellations. I heard the snort of a startled deer in the brush wondering what sort of critter was out prowling this night.

I love my corner of the world.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Nature is beautiful, isn't it?! Two of my kids went to Little Rock with me today and we witnessed a spectacular lightning show on the drive home tonight. It was awesome except during the part I had to have the wipers on full blast.

Jayne said...

Loved walking at night and watching the sky :)

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

We saw the moon yesterday evening on our way home from Findley Lake. We were on Rt. 6 between Youngsville and Betts Park. The moon was huge. There was no good place to stop and take a picture. The moon was visible, too, for only a short time before it was covered by a cloud. If I had taken a picture, it would have looked as though the moon were sitting on top of a hill. That's how big and close the moon appeared to me. It was cool sharing that experience with my hubby and two other couples!

Dave said...

That's nice Debbie. Glad it's safe for you to do that there. Thanks for your comment on my site. - Dave

Caroline said...

Great picture. Now you make me want to find a place to walk around in the moonlight.

Chez said...

Debby, I too love your corner of the world.
I love the fact that you were brave/smart enough to go out and make the most of it, giving us something special to reflect on.