Sunday, July 11, 2010

More about Nothing.

It's late, and yep. I'm still wide awake. We had a nice weekend. We had the birthday party for Rita. The bread baking outside in a big brick oven. This year we also had stromboli and homemade pizzas. This year we also had music. Guitar and mandolin. People were picking and singing, and little kids were dancing. No pictures, because I haven't gone to pick the good computer back up from our computer guru's shop. It just takes too long to load them on our old computer, so you'll just have to be patient. They're a-coming, though. They're a-coming. 'Til then you can browse through 2008's pictures.

We rented the apartment, to a widow. Tim felt that she was the right one. We went over to where she lives now, to meet her little dog. Tim wanted me to meet her too. To see if I got the same feeling. It was a nice little visit, and I did feel a kinship. The she mentioned her sister, and my ears caught something. "Wait," I said. "Are you talking about Marie? Marie's your sister?" and I burst out laughing. Marie is married to Mr. M. She's also related to my family. (It is a strange thing to see pictures of 'your' family in a stranger's family album!) So, in another amazing coincidence of small town living, I've discovered that I'm related to our newest tenant.

It was a nice weekend. A very nice weekend. I had Saturday off, a whole day to spend with Tim. Today, I worked, and had a fun day with Heather and Colby. Tim and I went over and worked on the house, finishing touches. Then we came home and curled up on the sofa to watch 'It's Complicated'. It's been a while since I lay with my head on Tim's chest and listening to his heart and watching a movie. Too long, maybe. It sure felt nice.

Tomorrow, I need to find out that flipping Anatomy and Physiology grade. I've been quietly going nuts over that.

Right now, however, I need to get my hinder back to bed. To sleep. Perchance to dream.

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Relax, you've passed ;)
Coincidences like that always give me a little spark, like Someone out in the cosmos is tapping me on the shoulder to say "It's a small world, be kind to yourself" ;)

BUSH BABE said...

Sounds idyllic - wishing you good marks tomorrow. And a sound sleep tonight.
:-)
BB

WhiteStone said...

Aw, you're already awake by now, so instead of wishing you a good sleep, I'll just say I hope you had a restful and refreshing night. I'm certain your A&P grades will be just fine!

Bill of Wasilla said...

Yes, everyone needs to lean against their beloved now and then and listen to the precious sound of their beating heart.

Lori said...

What a cool coincidence!