Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today makes it official. I am two thirds of the way through this class, and my head has not exploded. I have two mega exams on Monday, one in lab, one in lecture.

I went to the lab for some extra study time with the muscles. There were three girls there doing the same thing. We all agreed. We feel like we are in over our heads. That made me feel a little better. I said, "The night before last, I was trying to study and burst into tears. I went to bed at 8:30." Everyone laughed. One girl said, "You know, when my sister was going to school for nursing, she was a screaming maniac when she was doing Anatomy and Physiology. I thought she was ridiculous, and I always complained about it. Now I totally get it. I apologized to her." Another girl said that the previous night, she just put her head down and cried over her books. Her mother was heading up to go to bed, but worried about leaving her alone while she cried. "Just give me a tissue," she sobbed to her mother. "I'll be okay. Just go to bed. It's alright."

It felt good to laugh about it.

7 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I think your problem is similar to my problem with babies today being named some weird name that is merely a collection of syllables. Give me a "name" and I can remember it...eventually. But tell me a new baby's name is Talyfabytuluful (name has been changed to protect the innocent and besides I've forgotten the real "name") and I'll NEVER remember it. It's the same with all those A&P words you are trying to remember...they are to you non-A&P brain merely weird assortments of syllables. Really difficult to remember because you literally have to memorize them syllable by syllable.

Chez said...

Can't wait for the day that your post says all these terms have fallen into place and you 'get it'.
Always in my prayers

Lydia said...

You are getting so close! I'm sure it is encouraging to know you are not alone, you are NOT stupid, and it is not your imagination that this class is supremely difficult.

How many days 'till you get to read the new book?

Bill of Wasilla said...

After reading this, I can hardly fight off the tears myself.

Debby said...

The difference between you and me, Bill? You're got something to cry about. Me? I'm just howling in frustration. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Back to the books.

Debby said...

You've...

Sigh.

Kelly said...

It should make you feel better to know you're not alone.

2/3 of the way. Nice!