Monday, June 14, 2010

Skeered.

I received another test back today. I got another C. That makes three of them. It is frustrating because I study hard for the tests, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Tomorrow is the huge practical. I went to school this morning and worked in the lab for three hours reviewing. I have studied all afternoon, and took a break to call 'old' Mary, who I have not had time to talk to for a coon's age. So much happening in her life, and I'm missing it all. So we caught up briefly while I washed the dishes, switched out the laundry, started a new load. It felt good to catch up. And then it was back to the books to study some more.

Here's what I know for a fact. We are getting this information at such a rapid pace that I can scarcely keep up with it. My biggest problem is that I study and study and get to the point where I am fairly familiar with the words, and what they mean. However when I am given a definition and required to supply the word, I am not so acquainted with the word that I can just pull it out of the air. If we have a 'word bank', I will be do pretty well on the test. If we don't, I'm afraid that it will be another mediocre grade. I'm not sure. I don't know.

*bites fingernail nervously*

Okay.

I'm going to bed.

Only 16 more days and I can read my brand new book.

12 comments:

Kelly said...

You are trying your hardest and doing the best that you can do.

I'll think about you in the morning and say some extra prayers!

Kelly said...

Looking back at what I said, that doesn't sound as comforting as I wanted it to. What I meant was, it seems to me that you are doing everything humanly possible. It's just more than a mind (or body) should have to absorb in such a short amount of time.

You WILL pass this course.

Mary Paddock said...

Debby--Keep plugging away. Do NOT give up. If nothing else (and I do mean this to be comforting)--there is no shame in taking an especially tough class twice. If this happens, I am confident you will Ace it next time.

BUSH BABE said...

How is everyone else doing Deb? Are you really worried about failing... or just not passing as well as you'd like (your standards are pretty high, you know). IF you feel you are falling behind, get some extra tuition. Talk to the lecturer.

I know that's not much help, but biting nails is not going to really assist (unless it helps you remember the correct terminology for the bits that bleed when you do it!).

Hugs
BB

BUSH BABE said...

How is everyone else doing Deb? Are you really worried about failing... or just not passing as well as you'd like (your standards are pretty high, you know). IF you feel you are falling behind, get some extra tuition. Talk to the lecturer.

I know that's not much help, but biting nails is not going to really assist (unless it helps you remember the correct terminology for the bits that bleed when you do it!).

Hugs
BB

BUSH BABE said...

I promise I DID NOT press 'go' twice. (Making that comment count look more impressive though!)
:-)
BB

Caroline said...

C's are nothing to be ashamed about. When I was in college, no one got all A's - they didn't give them out. Anyway, go back and talk to your professors and find out why you got a C - what are you missing in the big picture that they want you to focus on. Do you need to spend more time on different things? Is it not vocabulary but systems you need to focus on? Anyway, I'm rooting for you!

Twain12 said...

good luck today ♥

Bob said...

Double good luck today. And be thankful for the Cs. Nothing wrong there.

Anonymous said...

You can do it, you have a big blog world of friends behind you and praying for you.

Roland said...

Hang in there. Can you talk to your teacher? Maybe he/she has some thoughts on study methods. Maybe there are others in class in the same boat and you can study together. Sometimes hearing it different ways from different people will get it to sink in faster.

jeanie said...

Definitely find out how others are faring. I had lecturers who believed that a C was all required because its a pass/fail course.