Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Weigh In, Additional Thoughts on Nothing.

Friday weigh in: No weight lost. No weight gained either, and I gotta tell you, the whole 'comforting myself with food' has been an issue this week. I've been doing pretty well with that. So we'll just focus on the 'no weight gained' this week and call it good.

I am having my morning coffee (second cup) and about to head back to the other computer where a charming human cadaver awaits. We will cover muscles and bones for the big tests on Monday. Tim works second shift, and that has actually been a big help. By the time that I get home from school, he's off to work. I have the evening with my books. It gets kind of lonesome though, and I'm sure he's lonesome too.

A kind of cool thing happened. I had to go to the local store to get some colored pencils for labeling muscles. I saw an excellent deal on a book that I thought would be a good Christmas gift for the girls. I stood there flipping through it, and suddenly, it occurred to me that I could buy those books. Tim's back to work now. So I gathered up six books, and headed off to the register with my books and colored pencils. On the way, I saw a toothbrush holder with matching liquid soap dispenser. We have needed a toothbrush holder for a time, ours being too small to accomodate the handles of our toothbrushes. I stood there once more, just reveling in the wonder that if I wanted to buy this I could. And so I did. I spent a whopping total of $10.87, and walked out of the store with my bags feeling like a rich woman.

I'll study this morning, and take a break to get the house cleaned (oh, man, does it ever need it...) and then I'll go back to the books after Tim leaves for work. Tonight though, I've got plans. I'm headed out the door to have dinner at 'new' Mary's with some of the funniest people that I know. We'll be blabbing and laughing and eating. I'm looking forward to this more than words can say.

12 comments:

Bob said...

There you go, Ms. Debby, adding some balance to your life. Good for you and have a great evening. (And enjoy that toothbrush holder!)

Lydia said...

Happy studying, cleaning and eating!

WhiteStone said...

Sending wishes for a great and restful weekend. *drinkin' coffee with ya*

steviewren said...

Debby, I've had that same conversation at the store with myself lately, except in reverse. I need a pair of "nice" capris to wear this summer. To buy or not to buy...that is the question.

Bill of Wasilla said...

That feeling of not being able to buy anything and not knowing when you will and then suddenly you can - I know it all to well.

If you got all of that for just that much, that really was a good deal on those books.

As to the weight - hey, breaking even has to do sometimes. There is next week.

Debby said...

I know! The books were 2 for $1.00. I got 3 books "American Woman", sort of a photography book about the lives of different women making a difference in their corner of the world. I got a couple books on US History, spec. the American Revolutionary War,and black history, post Civil War, (being the mother of a history major), and I got a book by Michael Eisner about summers at camp when he was a boy. (It just looked entertaining.)I got a package of 12 colored pencils, and my toothbrush holder and soap dispenser. I did do good, didn't I?

Hope things are settling down at your house. The loss of a pet, especially a flying cat is a heart breaker. And then Charlie's lost the birds nesting in his beard. Oh. The traumatic losses!

Stevie, yeah, this buying 'spree' is the opposite of how we've been living for quite a few months now.

Forget the restful weekend, Whitestone. Monday is going to be a killer day, and I am dreading it. Lydia, studying has not been fun for some time now. I am going to enjoy tonight.

Kelly said...

Hmmm.... taking a break to clean house. Cleaning house is something I take a break from!

jeanie said...

Enjoy dinner with new Mary!!

BUSH BABE said...

I'm with Kelly. Although at the moment, preg testing cows is what I'm taking a break from. Po-tate-ohs, po-tart-ohs.

Hope you had a giggle for me!
:-)
BB

Roland said...

:)

debby said...

'Hunger is the sound of fat leaving your body'. I cringed a little when I read it. Oy, Roland. Truth hurts. :^D

Jayne said...

Yay on getting those books and you'll blitz those exams, really you will.