Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Natch

I have my first A and P test this morning. I really think that I'm ready. Did you know for instance that the elbow is referred to as olecranol, while the front (anterior) of the elbow is refered to as the antecubital area. And then the knee cap is the patella, but the back of the knee is referred to as the popliteal area. The big toe is the hallux? Carpels are the wrist and tarsals are the ankle. It goes on and on. We have a six chapter test next Thursday for lecture. (Erg.) One of the women from my class said that she was afraid of what was coming at us. I said that I could not even see that far ahead, being so busy with what's right directly in front of me. So it's going to be a busy, busy time.

Anyhow, I've been getting out of class at one and going directly to work. I get off work at eight and then come home. Eat something, and pretty much go to bed. Last night, I had a call to make. (I actually have several of them to get caught up on, and I feel guilty as all heck.) Anyhow by the time that I got to bed, it was nearly ten. I fell asleep directly but then woke up at two, to smell the roast in the crockpot needing water. So I got up and added water, and headed back to bed. And lay there going over terms in my head. 'The forehead is referred to as the frontal. The chin is mental. The cheeks are buccal, except if you're talking about butt cheeks. Those are gluteals.' I dozed off, but woke up several more times. Finally at five, I said to Tim, "Gees. I might just as well get up. I'm not going to sleep. Those are apparently the magic words. I fell asleep, soundly asleep, and slept until Tim woke me up at 6:30 and said, "You'd better get moving." And into my pillow, I wailed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm too tiiiiiiiiiiiiired!" I'm not a baby though, and after 10 minutes of squalling, I got myself up. I feel better now that I've had my coffee.

This is my day of reckoning. I reckon that I'd better begin it with a shower. I hate to say it, but really, I'm feeling pretty good about the test.

9 comments:

Chez said...

WOW! A & P terminology sounds a bit challenging Debby however, you appear to have mastered it very quickly.
Love your positive attitude..
Surprised to read that you were up in the middle of the night adding water to your crock pot. We enjoyed our first slow cooker meal tonight with a recipe from the My Slow Cooker Recipe group on Facebook. Yum!

Caroline said...

Only ten minutes of squalling? I am so mature, it would have taken 30 minutes for me. Good luck with your test!

BUSH BABE said...

Looking forward to the results...

Lydia said...

Go kick some gluteal!

steviewren said...

I know you can do it!!!!

WhiteStone said...

I often finally fall asleep at 5 am. Those are the best hours of sleep from 5 to 9. But, like you, I seldom get them completed...just this morning, for instance, a woodpecker drummed on the roof. I think I called him "gluteal" or something like that.

Roland said...

:)

Kelly said...

Bet you ace it! Talk to you soon....

Mary Paddock said...

Good luck!