Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cautionary Tale

You know, sometimes the only way to get things done is to multitask, and so this morning, I was multitasking. Actually, what I was doing was swishing my mouthwash around in my mouth while I put on my shoes in the livingroom while reading a blog, all in an attempt to get out the door for an early appointment. And then, out of nowhere came a big and sudden sneeze. Trying to stifle it, I managed to spray a fine mist of mouthwash out of my nose and on a nearby wall. Also soaked my bangs, and blew a tremendous snort up the sleeve of my denim shirt. I got a lot done this morning before I left for my appointment. I even made time to get out cleaner and a rag and wash down the wall. How productive is that?!!! However, in thinking this all through, I have decided that there is a reason that people gargle in their bathroom, and I have decided that I, too, shall stick to gargling in the bathroom. Although the house does have a minty fresh smell to it...

Anyways, this has been a public service announcement.

You're welcome.

11 comments:

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

Great way to start off the day LOL
BTW I stopped by where you work this past Sunday. You weren't there; I suspect you were at church.

Kelly said...

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I can't help but laugh at the mental image.

I'll take your public service announcement to heart and try to confine my mouthwash to the bathroom.

BUSH BABE said...

Classic. At least the computer screen remained mint-free!
:-)
BB

Jayne said...

LOL

jeanie said...

Lawd - it takes me 2 days to catch up reading up on your last 2 weeks and then 20 minutes for my computer to spit cookies out so I can comment...

If I didn't multitask I would be mute. However, I will keep in your PSA in mind if I ever decide to gargle away from the sink...

Caroline said...

I gave up multitasking. Last time I multitasked I think I hurt myself.

quid said...

Laughing, laughing, laughing.....

quid

A Novel Woman said...

Hahaha!

Roland said...

One time I was rushing to make a protein shake on my way out the door and thought a coffee/mocha thing would work well. I dumped in the scoops of chocolate powder and shook the shaker. BOOM! All over the wall, ceiling, and clothes. Hot coffee and protein powder do not mix. Well, they do, but explosively.

WhiteStone said...

Not good to sneeze during such moments of import!

PaintedPromise said...

that would SO happen to me {eyes rolling}