Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wasilla Bill Speaks. Finally.

They had a big Tea Party up in Wasilla. It so depressed Wasilla Bill that I was tempted to head north and kick his Wasilla behind. Many of us spoke firmly to him, and he finally posted what he saw. Read this, people. Read this and understand.

All the talk about revolution? Wrong. All this blaming and scapegoating? Hitler employed the same tactics during his rise to power. Refusing to accept our Commander in Chief? That's pretty un-American too. In the minds of these people, the poor deserve to be poor. In the minds of these people, threats and intimidation are useful tools.

A lot of people will say that they prescribe to the beliefs of the Tea Party. A lot of people will say that there are a few bad folks giving the whole thing a bad name. I say this. If I hear rattlesnakes buzzing, I'm turning around and heading the other way. However, that's just me.

Late edit for Mikey: Yes. I do plan on getting to Arizona one day. That being said, I wanna also make it clear that if I am walking up to your porch, or Susan's porch, and I hear a rattlesnake, yeah, I'll be heading the other way. Quick-like.

5 comments:

Mikey said...

does this mean you're never coming to visit us in AZ? :(
going to read what Bill saw now...

A Novel Woman said...

Very interesting post. And very confusing to those of us who observe and try to make sense of these raging, ignorant teabaggers...although the term gives me the giggles, if you've looked it up.

jeanie said...

We don't have rattlesnakes OR skunks over here...

Thanks for the link to Bill - being a non-American I only see the headlines at 4am and I get a little troubled.

Jayne said...

Love NW's reference to the tea-party members as teabaggers...very, very apt ;)
They scare me silly here in Oz.

Bob said...

Respect the "raging, ignorant teabaggers'" right to be heard. Hillary Clinton railed and wailed when GW was president as to how, just because one opposed the war in Iraq, said person should not be labeled as unpatriotic. She was exactly right. Same goes for the tea party folks. I am not one of them but I sympathize with some of their views. A few of them are nuts. News flash: there are plenty on the left AND right.