Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Perspective

I was driving to Mary's house today. She and Danny are moving into a smaller home. Anyway, I passed a gaggle of Amish children, presumably heading towards school. They were walking at the side of the road, the girls all together in their long wool capes and bonnets, the little boys in their dark jackets and broad brimmed hats. They looked at me and I waved.

You know, they live in the same county that I do. They see the same flowers that I do, and the same trees and the same view. They just see it through different eyes. And I started thinking about that, how everybody views the world through their own eyes. We all live in the same world, but we all see it differently.

I don't know what it means. I was just thinking about it.

6 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I bet that was a sweet picture ... those kids.

Jayne said...

And that, dear Debby, is the first step many politicians need to take on the road to mutual respect and understanding of their fellow man.
You could teach 'em a lot ;)

Bill of Wasilla said...

I would like to see it through their eyes. Are they allowed to use cameras?

Kelly said...

What a profound thought!

Anonymous said...

Life is like a garden, one person sees the beauty and another sees the weeds. It's all about how you see life.

Debby said...

I'm enjoying the blooms in my garden. Hope you're enjoying yours.