Monday, April 26, 2010

Operation Bunny

'Operation Bunny' was a complete success. No jobs were lost, no animals were harmed in the covert mission. Tim took the smaller trap in and set it for them. M. just e-mailed me to say that he had been caught and swiftly relocated to a back yard.

The story behind the story? Tragic lawn mowing accident. One bunny remained. At the end of the day, he was rescued and brought in for the night. He showed his gratitude by leaping from the box and leading his rescuers on a merry chase.

I cannot tell you how many times this little adventure made me smile!

7 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

Yay!! Hurrah for the baby bunny! Finally a trapped animal story I can get behind because it doesn't feature a skunk or a squirrel.

BUSH BABE said...

Hehe... funny!! A little covert action sure does get the juices flowing, eh?
:-)
BB

Kelly said...

Awwww. Good news!

Mary Paddock said...

Very cute and not at all hard to picture. :) Especially as it's happened to us--only with a well meaning small boy and a bird . . .

Bill of Wasilla said...

I don't even want to think about the lawn mowing accident - but hurray for the survivor bunny, and congratulations to the deer hunter who rescued it.

anotherwhine said...

Survivor bunny, hopping away. I am glad he is free, I have a cute unny butt image in my mind.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

Bob had one of those lawn mower accidents a few years ago :-( Glad to hear the bunny was caught and released.