Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Weigh In

I missed last week's Friday Weigh-in. You'd think that after two weeks, I'd have big news to report. I don't. I haven't even lost a full pound. Still the scales continue to go down. I guess that's good news. I think that I lost a bit of momentum by being unable to do much walking. The hip is better. I expect to be able to get back to that this week.

We got up this morning and had breakfast with Buddy and Brianna. They have a U-haul and are moving to Indiana, all of this decided in the matter of two weeks. I'm a little bewildered and befuddled, but what do you do? You can only pray for them, and hope for the best.

There's been fall-out about the wedding. My ex-husband's wife found out that he walked Brianna down the aisle. She blew a gasket. She's mad at him. She's also, inexplicably, mad at Brianna. So much for turning over a new leaf. I guess she's the same woman she was when she sent me that awful letter. I don't understand that. I don't get that sort of behavior. I found myself getting angry simply hearing it, but I just told Brianna, firmly, that the things that Catherine says actually constitutes verbal abuse, and that she has to make up her mind whether she is going to continue to put herself in a situation to be abused. There was no reason that she should have stayed on the line.

I just watch all this happening, and feel a little sick inside. All of this chaos swirls around me. I watch my footing carefully, lest I slip and be sucked down into it.

8 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I tend to remove myself from contact with verbal abusers. Had enough of that in my past. No more. Nada. Zilch.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I'm glad that your hip is feeling better, Debby. My friend, Valerie, jokingly said that we walked 5 inches off her hips during our visit to the Audubon Center this past week. If you ever feel like meeting at the Audubon Center and going for a walk, give me a call. I'm going to email you my telephone number.

A Novel Woman said...

You just revealed a huge insight and gave yourself some very good advice.

You say you feel sick inside (interesting choice of words) from the swirling chaos and that you need to watch your footing. So listen to what your body as well as your mind is telling you. Nurture that desire, that inner voice telling you to step back, let go, and support yourself first.

Anonymous said...

Judy says, such wise advice from a Novel Woman. I second it!! Take good care of Debby.

Kelly said...

Wise decision...not to let yourself get sucked into it.

jeanie said...

Teflon coating is a wonderful invention - I use it all the time.

Hugs to you, Deb.

Bill of Wasilla said...

I don't understand such thinking. I know it has to hurt. Too tired to say more than this.

Debby said...

Just a note: Catherine was invited to the wedding. She chose not to come because she had a job interview the following week and needed to 'mentally prepare' herself. She chose not to come at the last minute.