Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Did my Heart Good.

Mr. B. is in the hospital. Tim and I stopped over to see him, with a card that reminded him that 'ye are worth many sparrows'. We had a small ceramic sparrow for him. When we got to his room, he was sound asleep. He looked so weary (even asleep) that we left the card and bird where he would find it and crept back out.

We stopped to pick up supplies at the store. I am helping Mary paint ceilings tomorrow and so we made a stop at one of the houses to pick up painting supplies. It's kind of handy having all this stuff on hand.

By the time we got home, there was a message on the machine. It was Mr. B. to let us know that he 'could just pound us' for not waking him up. He sounded so outraged, that it made me laugh out loud. His voice was tired, but he sounded just like himself, and it did my heart good to hear it. I'll stop by and see him tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ro said...

What a lovely thought and gift :)

If it's not your psychology teacher then it's someone running away from her *snort* ;)

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I agree with Ro. The card was a nice idea but giving a sparrow AND a card ... how wonderful!