Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break!

I had a math test last night. I had a psych test this morning. It's been a busy time, working, trying to get ready for a wedding, a houseful of company - I did not have a lot of time to study, but I did well, I think. Unless I did something really stupid. That can happen. Anyway, right after psych class (blessedly low key - no history lessons), I organized myself. I had no homework to do. No tests to study for. I can't walk the track. I've done something to myself, for sure. Still gimping pretty bad. The pain is more of a dull and constant pain, not the agonizing thing it was the night my hip popped. It's not in the joint. It's in front. You know the hip bone, the part of the hip structure that sticks out on each side? Right there. Left hip bone. Strange place for damage. I was dancing and in pain, but having such a fine time...and then suddenly, *pop*. I hobbled off the dance floor. Anyway, so I didn't dare walk at the gym today. Just the brisk walk to class this morning (no more than five minutes) had me hobbling. So I went down to the library. Today I sat down with a textbook on the Civil War, and I read for pleasure. It's been a long time since I read anything just for the fun of it. And after I read for an hour, I roamed through the library. They had an audio section. I got a audio book of Garrison Keillor reading "Wobegon Boy". I am home now. I had a salad, and I'm going to curl up on the couch and listen to Mr. Keillor's lovely voice and let myself be whisked away to another place. I am going to read the newspaper. I might even take a little nap. Spring Break has begun!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Enjoy the down time!! You've earned it!

Karen said...

Do you think that you should have that hip checked out, Debby? Hope that you feel better soon, so that you can really enjoy your spring break!

Jayne said...

Enjoy your break :)

BUSH BABE said...

Whew!! About time you steadied up girl... now about that hip? Doctor? Just to be safe...
:-)
BB
PS Sorry bout the scare at my place this morning. I did try to warn you in the post title!

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing hip pain. Try and enjoy Spring break!

steviewren said...

I can feel the bliss radiating off you! Enjoy.