Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's All Good

Golly. It was a fun time. I had too much wine. Most hysterically, up on the dance floor singing and dancing to "Everybody Wants You" (I decided that Billy Squier is very underrated...especially when you've had three champagnes and three red wines.) Anyhow, I was dancing with my peeps, and there was an audible pop in my hip. Audible, I tell you. I sat down and now I can hardly walk. Holy cats. Thank goodness I'm so well medicated. And did I tell you that really, I've got the best husband in the world? I do. And what a nice celebration. I worried so much, but really, it is done. They are in love. They'll take it from here. Dang. I am really drunk. And did I tell you, I really hurt myself? And further more, for all the craziness in my generation, the nieces and the nephews and my kids...they are really good people. Really. Don't know how that happened.

I'm drunk, I think. And I hurt myself. But man. It was a fun night.

And now I got the hiccups.

How funny is that?

19 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

You should do more tipsy posts. They're high-larious!

I had the same kind of fun at my niece's wedding, with all my nieces and nephews on the dance floor. I have a dim recollection of dancing with my 20 year old son, and "reeling" him in on then all of us dancing around him as he flopped around like a fish.

Hope your hip doesn't punish you tomorrow.

Mrs.Spit said...

Hurrah!

And yes, should drunk-blog way more often.

Mary Paddock said...

Holy cow, a drunk post from Debby. :) I didn't see that coming. 'Hope your hip slips back into place tomorrow and that you wake up without the fallout. 'Very glad you had a good time.

Roland said...

Glad you had a good time! Have a nightcap and hit the sack!

WhiteStone said...

Three and three! Oh, My, I'da been out on the floor...long before the dance began. Nope. One makes me tipsy. Course, if they were genteel (small) glasses, maybe I could handle three.

Hope your hip is okay tomorrow, Gal!

Jayne said...

LOL Hope your head and hip aren't too unkind to you in the morning!

BUSH BABE said...

Oh CLASSIC! That was gorgeous... a little anaesthetic goes a long way! Sounds like a wonderful night was had - looking forward to the sober version of events tomorrow. Hope you had lots of water before you hit the sack!
:-)
BB

Pencil Writer said...

I've had a migraine for two days now. Hope your head feels better'n that tomorrow. Glad the wedding was great!

Twain12 said...

LOL, glad you had a good time :)

Kelly said...

What a hoot! and see, everything turned out just fine (expect for your injury, that is...).

Hope you aren't feeling too rough by the time you read this!

Kelly said...

That should have been "except", not expect. Geez...I haven't had any drinks and you can type better after several!

steviewren said...

I'm glad everything went so well and I'm glad you wrote this while you were still in your happy place! LOL

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went well. I hope you didn't feel much pain the next day .. in the hip or head.

BUSH BABE said...

PS We may need photos of Deb on the dance floor... Cara? Brianna? Anyone? Heh...

Debby said...

Hip hurts, I'm a lightweight drinker. Three champagnes and three wines over four or five hours. Plllt. Anyhow, no, I don't get hung over. And yes, there are pictures, and I'll do that after I get through the next couple days. I've got a math test and a psych test, and I've got some major studying to do.

Karen said...

Good to hear that all went well and that you could FINALLY kick back! Congratulations to you and to the happy couple, and take good care to rest that hip! (And post lots of pics when you can!)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you had a good time. I can hardly wait to see you singing and dancing on youtube. :)

DavidM
Viva gli sposi!

Debby said...

Yes. Viva gli sposi!

Lori said...

LOL
I'm glad it went well and you had such a good time. But I really hope your hip is okay!