Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flowers

I saw little tiny purple flowers amidst the ground cover on the way into the hospital today. Flowers! It was so warm that I had my heavy winter jacket unzipped as I strode briskly on my way. We still have a goodly amount of snow up here in my yard, but it is melting off, and the water is running every where. Yesterday the deer were out everywhere I looked as I came home from school, foraging in the patches of field exposed by the brilliant sun.

Has spring arrived yet? No. Not quite yet, but there are signs of her arrival everywhere I look and it is wonderfully exciting to see. It has been a long winter.

6 comments:

steviewren said...

I have two daffodils blooming in my yard. Our weather has warmed up a bit. A light jacket has been enough for about a week. This year we've had the coldest weather we've had here in a long time. I'll be glad when it's over.

Bill of Wasilla said...

Flowers. Wow. We have had one of the warmest winters ever, but we are no where near flowers.

WhiteStone said...

No flowers in Iowa either. However, we can now see "Land!" The snow has melted greatly and we have large areas of bare ground where snow once stood very deep.

Lydia said...

Amen sister. Winter has been long and hard. I am so happy to see dirt in South Dakota.

Mary Paddock said...

My grape hyacinths are up. I worked in the garden today for three hours in short sleeves. Unreal.

Brianna said...

I saw two robins in the yard today when I was taking the puppy for a walk... SOOO happy to see them back! : )